PDA

View Full Version : GEE pc load

forumacc
04-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Hey

Im interested in a ways to reduce pc load while afk in GE, running up to 15% on my laptop and up to 36% on my pc when minimized with lower settings possible, so i wonder may be there is a way to reduce this cos in afk mode i would like to use as little as possible.

May be GEE could ask developer to make AFK mode settings, like reduce everything up to minimum just to keep game running.

kalel
04-02-2014, 12:21 AM
Hey

Im interested in a ways to reduce pc load while afk in GE, running up to 15% on my laptop and up to 36% on my pc when minimized with lower settings possible, so i wonder may be there is a way to reduce this cos in afk mode i would like to use as little as possible.

May be GEE could ask developer to make AFK mode settings, like reduce everything up to minimum just to keep game running.

Currently, there are limited ways that can help.

1. Game Option > Graphic Option > Max Drop is already designed to drop the maximum amount of frames possible when the game is not in focus.

2. On your laptop, go into the power management and choose the power saving mode. This should decrease your CPU clock, and any kind of damaging usage would be reduced too. However, 15% is not so bad. But if you don't wish to reduce your performance, and have multiple cores on your laptop, you could try to set the affinity in the Windows task manager to only 1 core for GEEU, and then decrease the performance (Clock) of that core specifically in a CPU setting program which you might have already with the drivers from Motherboard or etc.

forumacc
04-02-2014, 01:08 AM
laptop is not a problem, when minimized he can handle it w/o warming up, pc is another story +- 30% , and more if in town, im asking for advice cos it already restarted few times after i put it on afk grind all night, come in morning and i see that game is gone, so i worry it may overheat ... it has only one core 3,2gh and even i did turnoff restarting after crash i cant find a problem, so i think he is not crushing just heating, must admit that GE imo has old engine that loads pc much cos i have tried Tera Online
, installer it self is 20+gb , +- 50gb on hdd when installed, and you can se graphics .. STILL it loads my laptop less than GE :D so im guessing that GE engine is just old and needs some updates, like afk mode - you put character where you want him to be,spacebar, and then like some combination alt+a and game shuts down all visuals , everything cos i will not be near pc anyway. well anyway i don't thing fps is problem here cos fps heats up vga right? but would be good to reduce pc load, this might sound weird but may be some kind of afk client? with like 10% or all game functions just to keep characters online and reduce load by 90%.

Any other tips?

EuroGameZ
04-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Dear forumacc,

As Kalel answered, you can use option menu "max drop".
It not helping the situation?

YOUR GEEU TEAM

forumacc
04-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Dear forumacc,

As Kalel answered, you can use option menu "max drop".
It not helping the situation?

YOUR GEEU TEAM

well im using max drop from the beginning :D so with max drop i have 30% pc load, i was just wondering is there anything more i can do, im also afking on 16b colors (when on pc) as mentioned, laptop is quite new so it holds good.

EuroGameZ
04-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Dear forumacc,

More things from DEV might be difficult I think ^^

Best,
YOUR GEEU TEAM

forumacc
04-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Nothing is impossible if you give them right motivation words ^^
Or there could be some option like exp saver, like if you afk all day and get 100 exp per hour for 6 hours then when you log off like 6 hours you are getting 50 exp per hour.

May be you disagree with me but i think this is rly afk game, best in this job, and in this case im meaning it in a good way guys, game where you can afk while you work, study and so on and when you have time you do raids, missions pvp. So making afk as much comfortable as possible could be one of devs goals in long term.

But again do you agree with me that players who cannot hold pc online all day at least or all night have less chance to get items, exp? and how many do you think can do it? Teens cant :D Parents in most cases will not allow to keep pc on all day cos it cost some cash to bay electricity bill you know ^^ Some people are afraid to leave pc on if no one is at home to watch after it, like my friend whos acc im logging on on my pc while running my on notebook, so many players who would like some aspects in this game just realize that they cannot compete cos they can't afk all day right?

Well every player that leaves cos he cannot be as much online as needed to get reasonable progress is loss in profit, so there you go easy concept why your devs should buy some cup of coffee and work some extra hours to make either afk much easy and less pc load or some in game feature that allow player to play active less time and get exp more as if he would afk all day.

To last part you can read again my post - http://forum.granado-espada.eu/showthread.php?1012-Vesping-more-casual

Its a good way to get exp , still drop is terrible tho, but you still need to be rly rly strong to do that so no way you can say - well go vesp and you get more exp then afk. Nothing beats afk in this game in case of drop, exp is better only in castilla still you also need good gear to do it to get to reasonable point and not die from third boss, and bh missions have most of the time crap drop ( even with 1vis option) and exp so bad you can't call it exp ^^

Salvador
04-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Hey

The CPU load is most likely due to the way the game has been programmed, the messier the code the more strain it will put on the CPU, if you've already lowered the graphics settings as much as you can, then there isn't much more you can do, other than clean out our CPU fan, as dust can clog up the fan thus meaning it will have to run more to get the same results, if you haven't clean out your CPU fan, other than that unless you have access to the source code and work with the game developers i can't think of anything more you can do to reduce CPU strain

Note: I do programming at uni and tbh most games should be programmed to be running in the GPU rather than the CPU, so leads me to believe that the game hasn't been coded in the most efficient manner

forumacc
04-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Well have done that, as an long time gamer first thing to buy after pc was zalman huge fan to keep it kinda cool as possible, still cant do anything to cool up my vga Gainward 9600GT 256bit 512mb , runs on 60*C stat and fan spins like blender :D

I remember playing Lineage 2 for many years , and this is a good example of better game engines,like Lineage 2 Interlude loads pc more that Lineage 2 Gracia Final or even Goddes Of Destruction depending on settings, even Interlude is way older client and is 3gb comparing to 5+ gb on new ones, so it should be possible to do it.

One more question, sometimes pvp in GE seems laggy specially on my pc, I remember this being issue with Lineage2 on old pc and much less on new one, may it be cos game writes much info on HDD and on pc i have 5k rmp and on laptop 7,2k rmp per min?

May be its a good idea to buy some 50gb SSD just for good and fluid gaming here? May be it could reduce load also?

Achkaran
04-02-2014, 03:13 PM
If your laptop is writing on your HDD during pvp, it seems it is swapping... which means lack of free RAM.
Otherwize, there is no reason for the game to write on HDD during game, IMO.

kalel
04-21-2014, 01:27 PM
If your laptop is writing on your HDD during pvp, it seems it is swapping... which means lack of free RAM.
Otherwize, there is no reason for the game to write on HDD during game, IMO.

This depends on the game programming. GE will load some resources from the HDD instead of preloading them into the RAM as a way to use less RAM and work on older PC's as well. Of course, it still normally uses RAM for most things.

laptop is not a problem, when minimized he can handle it w/o warming up, pc is another story +- 30% , and more if in town, im asking for advice cos it already restarted few times after i put it on afk grind all night, come in morning and i see that game is gone, so i worry it may overheat ... it has only one core 3,2gh and even i did turnoff restarting after crash i cant find a problem, so i think he is not crushing just heating, must admit that GE imo has old engine that loads pc much cos i have tried Tera Online
, installer it self is 20+gb , +- 50gb on hdd when installed, and you can se graphics .. STILL it loads my laptop less than GE :D so im guessing that GE engine is just old and needs some updates, like afk mode - you put character where you want him to be,spacebar, and then like some combination alt+a and game shuts down all visuals , everything cos i will not be near pc anyway. well anyway i don't thing fps is problem here cos fps heats up vga right? but would be good to reduce pc load, this might sound weird but may be some kind of afk client? with like 10% or all game functions just to keep characters online and reduce load by 90%.

Any other tips?

FPS doesn't just heat the graphic card, as your CPU needs to calculate every each frame as well. More FPS = more work for both the CPU and the GPU.

The game cannot be made to be in a full AFK mode, because your PC still needs to calculate some data in order for AFK to work properly. The calculations are not fully performed on the server side.