PDA

View Full Version : skeleton dungeon problem

MeteoraXV
11-15-2015, 10:41 PM
this problem has been around forever but it's been really really bad lately. now it's completely unbearable. i try to train in skeleton dungeon, but every few minutes, the monsters keep disappearing and i'm having to exit to barracks and re-enter the map to make the monsters respawn or i have to run all the way the either end of the zone. it is extremely frustrating. am i the only one with this problem. it doesn't happen when i AFK in one spot, but i mostly train by right clicking on the map, making my character run from one end of the zone to the other while attacking everything in his/her path. very frequently, the skeletons 'disappear' (they're still there but they're invisible and unattackable).

Kurtulya
11-16-2015, 12:46 AM
Whenever this happens just change the Leader.
Press F1;F2;F3
Works for me.

-AZAD

Emperor
11-16-2015, 07:13 AM
Cast skills, it will be fixed.
Detailed description of the problem:Your imaginery char moves faster than its supposed to, which causes real char to be left behind and imaginery char(Which is in your case) can't atk or see mobs around.
Fastest way to bring your real characters to your imaginery characters location:
1-Keep casting skills, characters won't be able cast skills but it will allow real characters to reach.
2-If you are in castilla simply use teleporting.
3-Only works if your real chars are ahead and imaginery chars are behind, simply click to a random mob to attack it will cause your characters to teleport instantly.(Bh occulta raid)

MeteoraXV
11-16-2015, 11:15 AM
Press F1;F2;F3
Works for me.

-AZAD
hi that won't work for me since i only train one character at a time but thanks anyway =)

Cast skills, it will be fixed.
Detailed description of the problem:Your imaginery char moves faster than its supposed to, which causes real char to be left behind and imaginery char(Which is in your case) can't atk or see mobs around.
Fastest way to bring your real characters to your imaginery characters location:
1-Keep casting skills, characters won't be able cast skills but it will allow real characters to reach.
2-If you are in castilla simply use teleporting.
3-Only works if your real chars are ahead and imaginery chars are behind, simply click to a random mob to attack it will cause your characters to teleport instantly.(Bh occulta raid)
hi yes i've noticed that i tend to not have this problem when characters move slower than, say 4 m/s (though it still happens sometimes) so i guess it has to do with move speed (though why does this never happen when i zip through zones with flying characters?). i'll try your advice of casting skills when i go to train later, thanks again =)

but i still hope GEEU will do something to fix this problem because having to cast skills as mentioned above still means i have to be more active than i need to be + it's annoying and it is extremely frustrating to right click on the map and my character starts moving, then later i come back to re-do that, only to find my character has moved only a few meters and then stopped or did move to the designated spot but without attacking anything because the enemies disappeared! yesterday it happened so many times i just quit the game altogether

MeteoraXV
11-17-2015, 04:33 PM
casting skills does not work, nothing happens. can't change stances, nothing. i have to constantly go to barracks and re-enter the zone. i am wondering about this "imaginary character" thing, it does look like the monsters (and even my pet!) are chasing something that's way ahead of me. what's going on and when will this be fixed?? please i can't train like this!

Emperor
11-17-2015, 04:49 PM
Stop using alt+tab then XD
Read my post again.
1-Keep casting skills, characters won't be able cast skills but it will allow real characters to reach.(It means you have to smash skill button until your characters reach)

Imaginery character=Camera only ,can't cast skills,atk or anything that is considered as combat
Real character=No cam, can do combat.
It means camera will point imaginery characters.

metalsadman
11-18-2015, 02:19 AM
Press F1;F2;F3
Works for me.

-AZAD

@ts this didn't help you? also try adjusting "Character Display Range" for Monsters at Graphic Tab in Game Option.

MeteoraXV
11-18-2015, 10:09 AM
Stop using alt+tab then XD
Read my post again.
1-Keep casting skills, characters won't be able cast skills but it will allow real characters to reach.(It means you have to smash skill button until your characters reach)

Imaginery character=Camera only ,can't cast skills,atk or anything that is considered as combat
Real character=No cam, can do combat.
It means camera will point imaginery characters.

ooooh i see. yeah i did that but it worked only once, or maybe i should have gone on longer those other times. it's still really annoying and it breaks up what should be semi-afk training. ah now i get this imaginary character thing from your explanation. very interesting. not sure if this is how games are generally supposed to be designed/programmed or whatever but it what i do know is that there is a problem here. thanks for your info!

MeteoraXV
11-18-2015, 10:11 AM
@ts this didn't help you? also try adjusting "Character Display Range" for Monsters at Graphic Tab in Game Option.
no it doesn't work because i can't change leaders because i only train with one character at a time

character display range, both char. and monster are maxed out at 100%

thanks though!

metalsadman
11-18-2015, 03:00 PM
i think i get what you're saying, my observation tells me that this happens when the mobs gets out of range from their spawn spot, or if too many mob already spawned at same spawn spot (i think they put a limit for it) so they get destroyed making them fade like what you said. your char still targeting it but you'll only see the red circle until the target just vanishes away, also happens when animation gets freaky like killing mobs with skill but they just stand there slowly vanishing then your char can't switch to a nearby target (ofc unless you manually switch target) until the mob disappeared completely. you can say it's a glitch and it's been there ever since ge started.

MeteoraXV
11-18-2015, 05:54 PM
i think i get what you're saying, my observation tells me that this happens when the mobs gets out of range from their spawn spot, or if too many mob already spawned at same spawn spot (i think they put a limit for it) so they get destroyed making them fade like what you said. your char still targeting it but you'll only see the red circle until the target just vanishes away, also happens when animation gets freaky like killing mobs with skill but they just stand there slowly vanishing then your char can't switch to a nearby target (ofc unless you manually switch target) until the mob disappeared completely. you can say it's a glitch and it's been there ever since ge started.
hi i think actually, what you describe here with the mobs "fading" is what i get in areas like sacred sedecram when i run away from the vespanola soldiers when they've just inflicted armor crasher status on me. i noticed they faded away if i ran to far away from where they originally spawned (doesn't seem to happen when i run around in circles trying to avoid them). in skeleton dungeon (3F in my case) it's a different problem, the mobs and i think other players too, are still there but are invisible and unattackable. it's seems to happen more so with some characters than with others, i think move speed as well as atk speed+splash (how fast the character can clear the particular area before moving on) factors in here. i really can't put my finger on it. it seems totally random and two days ago it happened like five times in the space of a few minutes...

Emperor
11-18-2015, 06:24 PM
How do you move in maps? Do you use alt+z or manual move?

MeteoraXV
11-18-2015, 07:06 PM
hi like i said when i train in skeleton dungeon (or during just general hunting) i do it by opening the map and right clicking somewhere far away from their position so my characters move across the entire zone attacking everything in their path

Emperor
11-18-2015, 07:23 PM
Stop doing that and just spacebar when you reach your destination.

MeteoraXV
11-18-2015, 08:54 PM
Stop doing that and just spacebar when you reach your destination.
i think you misunderstand. the way i train and hunt in a (low-to-mid lv) zone is by right clicking somewhere on the edge of the zone on the map, and then my characters will run to that spot while attacking everything in their way. then i check back in a while and right click the other end of the zone on the map, and i just repeat that.

i don't afk (what is generally understood as pressing spacebar and having your team stand in one spot, attacking whatever comes near. that is a very slow method of doing things. unless you're farming certain drops somewhere with your pet.

my method is what i call semi-afk and it's just way faster for leveling and doing pioneering merchant missions than regular afk.

that is what i am doing here and i am having problems with it in skeleton dungeon

MeteoraXV
11-19-2015, 10:57 AM
ok it doesn't seem to happen so much now that i have decreased the move speed on the character i'm currently training. not running too fast or too slow seems to avoid the problem

metalsadman
11-19-2015, 06:22 PM
ok it doesn't seem to happen so much now that i have decreased the move speed on the character i'm currently training. not running too fast or too slow seems to avoid the problem

anyway this is something trivial, and like i said it's a glitch that has been around for a long time. just spacebar it out if you are in skullic 2f, spawn is really good you don't need to active grind (doing merchant then afk near them and comeback every 5mins or so to get and retake the quests). turn on your pet+spacebar on a nice spot and your good to go and do something else irl. actively* your better off doing mission ie. castilla ones give decent xp.

MeteoraXV
11-20-2015, 09:52 AM
anyway this is something trivial, and like i said it's a glitch that has been around for a long time. just spacebar it out if you are in skullic 2f, spawn is really good you don't need to active grind (doing merchant then afk near them and comeback every 5mins or so to get and retake the quests). turn on your pet+spacebar on a nice spot and your good to go and do something else irl. actively* your better off doing mission ie. castilla ones give decent xp.
no for me this is the fastest way of training stances (and also of hunting in most maps). spacebar afk or keep mode is extremely slow and it's not worth leaving my computer on for just that, plus i still have the marie buff running on most of my characters including the ones i'm training right now so why should i waste that. the way i train is at least 10x-20x (depends on whether the attack does splash damage or not + range) faster than keep mode. no the spawn in skeleton dungeon sucks just like anywhere else that's not an ancient area, plus there's the risk of melee characters running too far away from their spacebar area and then returning and having completely stopped keep mode especially with those skeletons running around. with my method the character is attacking (multiple) enemies constantly and not one enemy once every five to ten seconds...plus pet food is expensive and an extreme waste here in my opinion. in fact don't you lose vis doing that?

castilla mines gives good combat exp but not stance exp.

Emperor
11-20-2015, 05:53 PM
You can simply do ct and choose training cards, join wxpvp or scr.
5 heart=1 t g

MeteoraXV
11-21-2015, 01:51 PM
You can simply do ct and choose training cards, join wxpvp or scr.
5 heart=1 t g
i can't do raids like that because they are just way too long and i can't be active for long periods of time. yes it's nice and i wish i could do it even just once a week but i've only done it twice ever (leeching with viki for trance robo) and have gotten in trouble because i have other stuff to do away from the computer. never done wxpvp before, i might look into that. sacred sedecram, petrified heart drop rate sucks. i could only spent five hours total earlier this week and only dropped 7 hearts. plus it costs 120k feso for entry. that's about 18m vis so i could just buy like 6 training cards G with that

kurobliss
11-28-2015, 07:48 PM
CT parties aren't always easy to find nowadays :(