Post Thanks / Like

Granado Espada real life references. Did you know...?

Hello GEEU fans!

As you may know, Granado Espada is plenty of references to real life. Lets see some of them!

Doesnt loooo~ook Andre Janzur just fantazzz~zztic? As fantastic as Andre Kim, classified by The New Work Times as the South Koreas most famous and powerful fashion designer. Even Michael Jackson asked him once to be his designer, but Andre refused arguing his clothes were for everyeone.

Born as Kim Bong-nam, at the suggestion of a friend in the French Embassy he reinvented himself as Andre, a name that sounded poetic to him (taken from The New York Times.)

For his fashion shows, Kim tended to favor white-toned settings to bring out the unusual colours of his designs.

Wanna know some more about Andre Kim? Click here.

Who was Panfilo de Narvaez?
    He wasnt a chef. The name Panfilo is the Italian and Spanish form of the Latin name Pamphilus. Panfilo de Narvaez was a Spanish conquistator and soldier in the Americas, no confirmed data but is presumed he was born in Valladolid or Navalmanzano (Segovia), located in Castilla… sounds familiar?

He served in Jamaica, under the command of Juan de Esquivel. Later in 1509, he was promoted to Lieutenant General Governor of Cuba, Diego Velazquez de Cuellar, and actively collaborated in the conquest of the island. He led expeditions to the eastern end of the island in the company of Bartolome de las Casas and Juan de Grijalva.

As reported by De Las Casas, who was an eyewitness, Narvaez presided over the infamous “massacre of Caonao”. He and his men massacred hundreds of native people who had come to receive them with offerings of food. Following the massacre, Narvaez asked De Las Casas, "What do you think about what our Spaniards have done?", to which de las Casas replied, "I send both you and them to the Devil!" (Taken from Wikipedia.)

Click here if you want to know more about real Panfilo de Narvaez.

Question for Pioneers: where in GE world can you find Las Casas?

Mod_Malak
    Your GEEU TEAM
    Last edited by Mod_Malak; 10-22-2016 at 12:14 PM.

2. Likes Kurunako, Exeqt liked this post
    Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    And yet Andrea is not being played by anyone.

World-Explorer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Las Casas sounded so familiar and it was. He stands in Port Coimbra at G2. In GE he is part of Gracielo quest The Path of a Warrior to Strength.

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's some interesting trivia! I didn't know about this stuff, I really like Andre, one of my favorite chars, does the real one also talk like the game char does? lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepnDreamn View Post
    Las Casas sounded so familiar and it was. He stands in Port Coimbra at G2. In GE he is part of Gracielo quest The Path of a Warrior to Strength.
    Right answer! You meet Las Casas in Gracielo quest.

Quote Originally Posted by MeteoraXV View Post
    That's some interesting trivia! I didn't know about this stuff, I really like Andre, one of my favorite chars, does the real one also talk like the game char does? lol
    It seems not...

Mod_Malak
    Last edited by Mod_Malak; 10-25-2016 at 01:32 PM.
    GEEU TEAM Support Area:
    - Support Ticket: http://www.granado-espada.eu/en/Support/Support
    - Email Support: support@eurogamez.eu

GEEU TEAM Members:
    GM_Chris, GM_Ray, GM_Vicious, Mod_Cortes, Mod_Malak

GEEU Website: http://www.granado-espada.eu/
    Game Download

Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    In game, Battle Cook Panfilo is showing up as soldier.

Wisdom Seeker
    Post Thanks / Like
    here's a better liturgy

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tears of blood, dun copy paste wall of text is not readable, mod malak good job
    is funny to see all this, asians really good in details, and know almsot better europe history than Europeans do XD

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CalintzJerevinan View Post
    That wall of text is from Wikipedia by the way.

First off I'm not full blooded Asian try Half Korean and part Irish/Polish/German.

Second I'm a Christian and I got family who are Catholic so I know about the history about Catholicism and Christianity.
    LOL so self centered...who were talking about oyu i was talking about asians, who actually put details in making things...like imc did....like some anime and so on...not you XD as you said you jsut copy pasted, lame...come play geeu i need GSs from 6m waste your cash here too

Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Panfilo both in game and real one is soldier.