Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, this is a big progress!

Thank you for all!

Have a nice weekend^^

Team EuroGameZ

Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that actually worked for me aswell but its a bit weird with the widescreen though XD

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroGameZ View Post
    Fully agree, Trejgon,

But Navyfield is old game and changing things sometimes dangerous, so Devs are so careful to change things.
    I also run this game with my win10 notebook and desktop and luckily has no issue to play.

That's a valuable point that the AMD GPU is better than Nvidia for Navyfield.

Of cause you fully updated your graphic card driver on the main PC?

Please keep advise me to find the better machine setting for NF.

Thank you

Team EuroGameZ
    no the other way around - a friend with NVIDIA GPU had no issues, me with AMD GPU on dekstop had issues laptopn with NVIDIA had none

as for drivers beign upt to date - they are currently in that common AMD driver state when windows says there is new version drivers sometimes says there is a new version but when you run autodetecting installer it says that what you have is newest version....

Quote Originally Posted by blindshot89 View Post
    is it realtime recorded? Seems like back when i tried to set compability to vista over 200fps ingame. (far too much for this game). Did you tried to set win 10 or win7 as compability mode? on NF.laucher.exe and nf.exe?
    I dont have win10 .. only win7 but i still have win7 as option in compability mode ;D and its runnning better than without it. Try out m8 (if u really bored u could also try to set max fps in your videocard options to max 60 :P game is running with capped max 30fps (or 60) one of both.. Do you have a program to show ingame fps... like Fraps?
    it was real time recorded with AMD recording tool attached to the drivers
    tried the compatibility mode with win7, I don;t think I went that far to try the vista compability mode and nothing helped, and I got rid of fraps looooooooong tiem ago :P
    in the end I've ended up setuping VM with win7 and it goes smoothly with game ocasionally "hanging" ["program not responding" stuff]

Quote Originally Posted by brompf View Post
    Fraps actually worked for me xD Weird but it works. Thx for that xD Also did i set up XP in VirtualBox and it works perfectly but only in a little part of the screen and i can't get it any bigger so not really enjoyable. I think we can savely say it's not a ping issue.^^ Also the Radeon settings didn't work at all i tried it too. :/
    iirc your virtualbox issue would be the case of virtual machine running much smaller screen resolution than you main PC does - if you set both at the same resolution [either by increasing the VM resolution, or by decreasing main pc one or both] you should be able to make the window fit your screen

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trejgon View Post
    iirc your virtualbox issue would be the case of virtual machine running much smaller screen resolution than you main PC does - if you set both at the same resolution [either by increasing the VM resolution, or by decreasing main pc one or both] you should be able to make the window fit your screen
    Yea i realised that too. Couldn't set the resolution on the VM to 1080 so i would have to switch around every time only to play a few round of NF every now and then. If i can avoid that i will probably do so.^^ I'll speak with someone who has a little bit more experience with stuff like that maybe he has an idea to get the same effect that fraps has.

Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    did u set them to force em on and not let the application decide?

Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find it weird that I have no problem playing NFEU with Win 10 64bit, Except random crashes after the battle, which I think everyone has randomly.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

Thank you for your posts! I have been trying to a while now to understand why the game only ran at ~3FPS on a perfectly well specced desktop.

The FRAPS comment was the one that made me realise what was causing the issue - I have an overlay that tells me my GPU temps and framerates and closing that restored navyfield to running at a normal framerate (it is also possible that this is coupled with the adjustments to my AMD graphics tweaks that were suggested by Rakx).

If any of you are running something similar to monitor frame rates try disabling it. I've no idea why it interferes with NF, doesn't do so with any other games.