Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Issues running program on MAC

I have a MacBook that has all the requirements to run this game but obviously won't on a Mac; it won't install. I decided to install Virtualbox and try to run it on a VM, and it turns out that the software won't run on a VM. is this intentional? Or is there a way to configure my VM to execute the game on my VM?

the VM is running Win7 Professional 64bit

Wisdom Seeker
    Post Thanks / Like
    install bootcamp with windows OS in it.

3. Likes Chaos565 liked this post
    Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metalsadman View Post
    install bootcamp with windows OS in it.
    ok I got it to work on Bootcamp but what about a VM on a PC? will it work then? or is it not allowed?

Wisdom Seeker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos565 View Post
    ok I got it to work on Bootcamp but what about a VM on a PC? will it work then? or is it not allowed?
    i've not heard anyone managed to work it on a vm. but if you're using a PC why need to use a vm anyway? if you're on windows you don't need to bother with it.

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    i've not heard anyone managed to work it on a vm. but if you're using a PC why need to use a vm anyway? if you're on windows you don't need to bother with it.
    I tried VM as well and failed.

Bootcamp is easy to install and you wont have any trouble playing the game

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    mostly because since the game doesn't support my win 10 laptop's native resolution and there's no way for me to comfortably play with the UI being super tiny on the screen... I figured I could just boot the game up on an older OS aswell as a smaller resolution to make it more comfortable and a VM through VMware seemed like the best way to do it. The mac i was mentioning before, belonged to a friend of mine which wanted to play the game and since bootcamp is virtualization software, i was hoping the same thing could be done through VMware
    Last edited by Chaos565; 05-24-2017 at 11:54 PM. Reason: responding to quoted message

Wisdom Seeker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos565 View Post
    mostly because since the game doesn't support my win 10 laptop's native resolution and there's no way for me to comfortably play with the UI being super tiny on the screen... I figured I could just boot the game up on an older OS aswell as a smaller resolution to make it more comfortable and a VM through VMware seemed like the best way to do it. The mac i was mentioning before, belonged to a friend of mine which wanted to play the game and since bootcamp is virtualization software, i was hoping the same thing could be done through VMware
    Bootcamp is not virtualization, bootcamp is just like having dual boot with different OS... in the inside your mac and windows laptop uses the same hardware, so no need to virtualize there when your using a real hardware.

i dont have win 10 so in your pc just do a dual OS (would suggest win 7), like what you did to your mac.. google about it, plenty of info out there how to have a dual OS in a pc.