Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Just some thoughts about NF EU restart failure

Obviously the NF EU server progress is slowing down. There are a lot of reasons for that. I'm going to discuss only one of them (but important).

Initially euro-players played several years on EU and RU. After the old servers were closed game-funs moved to COM. I remember that COM was a bit different in sense of ship balance, there were several things we needed to adapt toand a lot of challenges to take (including fights with most skilled players all over the world). In the beginning playing in new environment was truly fun because of this new things and challenges.
    I think that the global problem with this new EU server is full copy-paste of the game from COM. A couple of months people were attracted with this feeling 'starting from the scratch'. After the server is matured a bit, it turned out that everything is exactly the same as in COM. The same as last several years. As for me, lack of progress and changes was dissappointing. All aspects of this world are totally learned.

What could break this 'overstability'? Change as much as you can! As I know the game is designed in such a way that you could made a lot of changes with minimal effort. For example, you could rebalance all ship characteristics, change sailor stats and bonuses, give different bonuses to nations, change ship branches. Change fleet activities, for example, rules of HAs, add new events. You even could recolor sprites to add more originality. Make a game fresh and attractive!

You even do not need to consult each and every player for this changes (just a couple of experienced guys from COM would be enough). You just should set the rules and fix it for several years. Players will gladly come to research new world and new possibilities.

I don't like to discuss my proposals so I'm here to just give you an idea. I think in summer online will be very low, but near winter it could grow if your renew the game. Good luck!

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm certain now that there isn't enough knowledge of the game at EurogameZ to start thinking of changes. I've not ONCE had the impression in our communications to have anybody knowledgeable on the GM side. "The developers" that are sometimes mentioned, I'd like to know who that might be... there are none.

I agree with you, the NFEU version was better than nf.com. I get the impression the decision to "restart NFEU" (start second NFNA server, rather) was to do a quick money grab with minimal investment on their side. This might be coming to an end, and the summer period when many people do other things will be a test of survival for this game. Will there be anybody left in September...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear NFEU Fans,

We feel sorry about this not good situation and we will keep service this game and hope people no worry.

We tried to fix the important bugs with original dev but it's not easy situation.....

In any case, we will keep try to run this game and keep try to improve this game.

Thank you!

Team EuroGameZ

Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroGameZ View Post
    We tried to fix the important bugs with original dev but it's not easy situation.....
    sorry but we hear that all the time since weeks and nothing about the fixes/changes that you are doing?

The Server is dying...

One GB is open with about 10 - 15 BB and 2 CV?

5. Likes toni112007 liked this post
    Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not complicated, though, to find the motivator to keep people playing. At least if it's not too late.

People have an easy experience in Blitzkrieg, they can do damage, and thanks to the low level exp boost, they quickly get to level 60-65. What is important for doing OK in Blitz? Good gunners mainly. Not much investment needed here.

Everything changes after level 65 and in Great Battle. Not only is there less exp (well Eurogamez boosted that, but without letting us know), what is important is that now money must be spent on getting good supports. For experts (that you can convert to vets), the game is pretty much pay2win. Without good numbers of experts, most ships are just giving exp to the enemy farming them. They are not competitive.

So, how to retain players? Create an "expert festival" event, with expert packs as reward, and higher natural chance of creating experts from rookies in battle. Don't go extreme like on NFNA, where people ended up with several THOUSANDS of experts after such an event. That was the beginning of the end for the server, expert inflation (everybody had tons of them), and all the money grab schemes that resulted.
    But give players a little bit so that creating one all right crew doesn't cost dozens of €€€, and they can continue playing.
    Last edited by dudelebowski; 06-06-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... and login server is offline, too.

That's also important to get right - communicate!

How does Eurogamez think we can trust their word if there is not much credible information?

Edit:

Login server was back on some time later...
    Last edited by dudelebowski; 06-06-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry NFEU Fans,

Tuesday morning around 10 am, login server restarted because of DataBase arrangement every week.
    We will be more careful about this.

Team EuroGameZ

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, GM.

That is not a problem per se - at 10 am on a Tuesday there is nobody online. But even then it is always better to announce what you're going to do, because a server down could have happened for other reasons.

Thank you.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    At 7 PM or 10 PM on Friday there is nobody online... and I was nearly the whole day online... but could only play a few... maybe 6-8 games, cause no one was there. Think the game is dead...

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Captains,

We will try the situation playable and worth to enjoy....

Thank you

Team EuroGameZ