Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Edesse View Post
    I honestly think the limit should be placed at 1 account per IP.

With all the whining and ranting and indiscriminating hate on only sGE players abusing alt buffs and etc, a clean slate restart for all players is a good ground to see who actually will still go ahead and use alts.

Because oh, only sGE players and their altbuffs man! Totally no one else except sGE people uses alts. This rule shouldn't affect anyone else's gameplay except sGE people right?

And why should using other accounts as buffers be alright? Doesn't everyone have legit friends who is a dedicated buffer? I sure do! Oh, I'm an sGE player, does that mean my friend is automatically labelled as an alt!

Yes I'm salty asf because of the convenient branding of sGE player crap. Just set out the rules strictly please. So we will see who are the ones who really follow the rules.

Bite me.
    That is a very inconsiderate thought especially for those who play with their family or roommates under one roof. For instance, I play with my brother at home. And you have no clue how IP works each computer on the network is allocated a different IP =.=

Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    strict rule here please. either 3 IPs max (take care of event abusers) and only for missions/instanced raids. 1 IP for all field activities and cb/cw. this used to work in the past! just be strict about it and publish the rules. if the only way is limiting to 1 account at a time, then go for it. oh and btw.. fix mma bug xD

3. Likes Edesse liked this post
    Wisdom Seeker
    Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly think the limit should be placed at 1 account per IP.

With all the whining and ranting and indiscriminating hate on only sGE players abusing alt buffs and etc, a clean slate restart for all players is a good ground to see who actually will still go ahead and use alts.

Because oh, only sGE players and their altbuffs man! Totally no one else except sGE people uses alts. This rule shouldn't affect anyone else's gameplay except sGE people right?

And why should using other accounts as buffers be alright? Doesn't everyone have legit friends who is a dedicated buffer? I sure do! Oh, I'm an sGE player, does that mean my friend is automatically labelled as an alt!

Yes I'm salty asf because of the convenient branding of sGE player crap. Just set out the rules strictly please. So we will see who are the ones who really follow the rules.

Bite me.
    i don't think you should bring the "SGE victim" card here, if you read above no one's blaming SGE in this thread. Like I said this rule has been on for 3+ yrs (hard to find the original post now :s). Chill down .

what i meant with suspicious was the sticky thread they posted about not allowing CB alt buffing which was removed, it implies they are moving away to imposing the said rule when all they can do is just log and check for same IP's and look if those chars are just pvp(allowable) / buffer+pvp(which is grounded). They did it in the past and post warning if they saw one.
    Last edited by metalsadman; 07-22-2017 at 10:25 AM.

5. Likes Edesse liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Felinity View Post
    That is a very inconsiderate thought especially for those who play with their family or roommates under one roof. For instance, I play with my brother at home. And you have no clue how IP works each computer on the network is allocated a different IP =.=
    Each computer on the network is allocated a different IP. You just said it. So whats the issue? Unless both computers share the same IP address then it would be an issue as you said, wont it? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Quote Originally Posted by metalsadman View Post
    i don't think you should bring the "SGE victim" card here, if you read above no one's blaming SGE in this thread. Like I said this rule has been on for 3+ yrs (hard to find the original post now :s). Chill down .

what i meant with suspicious was the sticky thread they posted about not allowing CB alt buffing which was removed, it implies they are moving away to imposing the said rule when all they can do is just log and check for same IP's and look if those chars are just pvp(allowable) / buffer+pvp(which is grounded). They did it in the past and post warning if they saw one.
    I agree its really suspicious on why did they remove that thread.

But haven't all the hate threads been using the 'blame sGE / sGEEU' as base concept? Everything goes unhappy for certain players? Blame sGE. Feeling unfair? Blame sGE. Its really sad that I couldn't help but bring it up, ultimately I'm still looking that we can get along, but with all the blaming going around, its seems like a pipe dream.

On topic, I hope GMs will finalize something up and put up a post similar to the missing post. I would love to see concrete rules being set out once and for all to end all the salt drama everywhere. Of course this requires GMs to be active..
    Last edited by Edesse; 07-22-2017 at 02:10 PM.
    Enigmatic Family.

Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Each computer on the network is allocated a different IP. You just said it. So whats the issue? Unless both computers share the same IP address then it would be an issue as you said, wont it? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I agree its really suspicious on why did they remove that thread.

But haven't all the hate threads been using the 'blame sGE / sGEEU' as base concept? Everything goes unhappy for certain players? Blame sGE. Feeling unfair? Blame sGE. Its really sad that I couldn't help but bring it up, ultimately I'm still looking that we can get along, but with all the blaming going around, its seems like a pipe dream.

On topic, I hope GMs will finalize something up and put up a post similar to the missing post. I would love to see concrete rules being set out once and for all to end all the salt drama everywhere. Of course this requires GMs to be active..
    Yea although each computer has a different IP i think what most people in this thread and the GMs are actually talking about is restricting play from the same subnetwork/Public IP and i say NO to this because there are people like me who play with their siblings/friends under one roof and no ISP is going to give you 2 networks under one roof at least domestically. Actually, playing on a single IP at the same time means playing multiple accounts on one device at the same time which is ILLEGAL as it's multiclienting. The terminologies in this thread is wrong.
    Last edited by Felinity; 07-22-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also restricting accounts per IP(public) is useless as you can still change your IP by calling your ISP to reallocate one for you so why go through the hassle to implement this when it can be bypassed. The issue that should be addressed is alt-buffing and it shouldn't be solved by restriction of IPs. A better approach is to place penalties to those who do so although how exactly do you identify alt-buffing is another question.
    Last edited by Felinity; 07-22-2017 at 06:06 PM.

Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaterers View Post
    well as i know there are few legit 1 acc players in ge and ofc those would not be happy with alts at all.
    and if 3 acc per ip is allowed (main acc and 2 alts or "family mebers" some are real XD) is technically fine and not breaking game balance, but then is hard to control field bosses,cw,etc.
    i am more concerned how the hell the mmok and the other RMTer make cash ingame.....
    more dev/admins corupted?or have so much alts farming and more rmting?
    i think this issue should be checked and fixed first, cuz really destroying game balance,
    tho i did not play in a while so idk about the situation much.
    alts will always be a prob anyway, just need to contain it to a min as possible....i do use alts too, sadly ge designed that way, or cash or alts XD
    just hire peps, who actually know the game but dun play it....admins/gms cant be peps playing actively, even more in high end factions, is already fishy hearing it XD
    hope geeu staff got a good wake up call...$$$ is not all XD
    The RMT's in this game probably get their vis from reselling stuff from MM (especially fast moving cast items like GS cause they are limited supply) and multi-client/pc field afk. And i have a hunch that they bought a majority of GS during the period when they were around 8-12m and are reselling them in MM which gives them close to a 100% profit margin. How else would they also be able to sell fesos cheaper than that in from the CS? It was definitely accumulated and stocked during the period when fesos were cheap. If you want them to be caught just monitor the transactions from the accounts of those who mass purchase these cash items and check for any suspicious transactions.

On a side note, regular legit players shouldn't be reselling cash items since it will cause inflation as it is reducing the supply of cheap goods which will be detrimental to yourself if you need them in future. Unless you intend to top up every time to get your cash item. RMTs don't give two hoots about the inflation as they are not playing the game for the content.

10. Likes Edesse liked this post
    Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you guys not know how IPs work. If 2 people connect from the same local network to for an example GE servers, then they both have the exact same IP address. The different ip address you might see in command prompt is only local. Any data exchange that is done to the outside world is done through the router and that is done with the ip that you will see on various "what is my ip" sites.

THIS IS MISGUIDED. Every IP has a different LOCAL IP ADDRESS. When you contact the outside network that you have to contact using the router, then every device on the same network has the same IP address.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    cyca.jpg
    multi computers, 1 ip

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me and my two brothers play the game almost at the same time cause we do raids together. We have 3 PCs and 4 Laptops and each of us sticks to only 1 account to play by the current rule of only having 3 accounts active per IP.

If the rules are going to change, can we have an exemption? I'll gladly provide a family picture, links to FB accounts, Pictures of PCs and Laptops, detailed blueprint of the house where the PCs are located, anything you need

14. Likes Waluste liked this post