Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A newbie's perspective

G'day,
    I started playing here probably a few days ago (leveling my own fam and such), the events are nice and the Pioneering faction is quite helpful. But as someone who was starting from the ground up, i was a little appalled whenever i sold my loots.

10% tax hurts new players a lot, especially more for people that have no background on the game. It comes off as something very un-motivating (as if taxes IRL are not bad enough, we have it in-game too). I was informed that there was a time that taxes were only 5% below in this server, so my plea is as a newbie to those who do impose tax. Please lower it down a bit, if you want the server to entice more new players.

Not to mention btw that feso is hard to get, so getting pet food for pets costs a lot (even though, yes koko pays for himself). Normally I wouldn't really care but the management in this server is a lil admirable compared to SEA and I feel that this server deserve to last longer or at least stand strong like kGE/jGE.

Thanks for taking the time to read, although I'm sure I'm highly irrelevant to you all given I'm some newbie.

Youtube [click] || Also known as Lunetia family of sGE

2. Likes Waluste liked this post
    Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you got problem with HP pot then play nice healer like Elisa
    +7 GMT server, #makeithappen

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for such an intellectual reply. I'll keep that in mind

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRenuille View Post
    G'day,
    I started playing here probably a few days ago (leveling my own fam and such), the events are nice and the Pioneering faction is quite helpful. But as someone who was starting from the ground up, i was a little appalled whenever i sold my loots.

10% tax hurts new players a lot, especially more for people that have no background on the game. It comes off as something very un-motivating (as if taxes IRL are not bad enough, we have it in-game too). I was informed that there was a time that taxes were only 5% below in this server, so my plea is as a newbie to those who do impose tax. Please lower it down a bit, if you want the server to entice more new players.

Not to mention btw that feso is hard to get, so getting pet food for pets costs a lot (even though, yes koko pays for himself). Normally I wouldn't really care but the management in this server is a lil admirable compared to SEA and I feel that this server deserve to last longer or at least stand strong like kGE/jGE.

Thanks for taking the time to read, although I'm sure I'm highly irrelevant to you all given I'm some newbie.
    I can understand your point of view but we had times when the entire server had 20% tax already so its still "okay" i guess lol and no im not in any of those leading clans

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savoir View Post
    I can understand your point of view but we had times when the entire server had 20% tax already so its still "okay" i guess lol and no im not in any of those leading clans
    Well if it came from something worse (which is 20%), then yeah i'd share your sentiment. Thanks for the heads up, don't worry I don't really hate on factions. I mean, it's part of the game's mechanics, this was merely a plea to those holding the colonies. Maybe they'd re-consider and lower, it's a longshot.

My post is just out of concern for all those who are starting, sure there's not that much. But being in a GE Pio fac, i can see a handful of "refugees" from other servers and some new players playing. Those who would say they'd ask their old friends to play again, so on and so forth. At the end of the day i think we all want the game we like to continue living on

Wisdom Seeker
    Post Thanks / Like
    only way is to take arms, but these colo holders don't want competition lol more like the players too always taking the easy way, more than half of their enemies already in their side now, how can other side win even a single colo... no chance against top 3 mma user clans.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the comminity feels not okay with the taxes
    can always come to sunday war, take some maps
    and put the taxes they want. Where is Satis? Where is 2o1? Lol
    No war + no retakes + no fun = 10% taxes.
    Blame those imbas who talk loud and sit in cave during Sunday war with all top weapons and armors.

Post Thanks / Like
    There's no need for drama in this tread, thanks for sharing your opinions. I do hope 90% of your factions do not share the same mentality. This is not about your personal egos or strength in-game, I do hope you look past that. I've no interest in your squabbles about CW trash talk and power in a game.

My concern is the novices trying the game and being shy'd away from it. Sure the GM's and DFL's of the pio fac try their best to boost newbies for gears etc. But there are people who legit can only afk for the time being and have different timezones from the DFL's raid sched. Hence, missing out on the free roulette and if their main income source for the time being is the loots by their pet. Then they're gimped by the tax.

World-Explorer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a little trivia that might make you feel better at 10% tax. Long ago when changes were made to tax system and CW rewards IMC looked at the items in vendors and deducted 10% from their cost. So for all the really old players 10% is "normal" pre old patch cost. Anything above 10% is riot worthy with pitchforks and torches!

If you can try running rank 3 mission - Merman nest in nimrod bridge. There are 4 bosses in, hidden one can sometimes drop vis and you enter his room once you beat the 2nd Merman and move out of the room into the middle platform. For better of worse all bosses and few of the summoned minions drop cheap junk to npc to more or less cover the cost.
    Last edited by SleepnDreamn; 08-29-2017 at 01:03 PM.

11. Likes LaRenuille liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepnDreamn View Post
    Just a little trivia that might make you feel better at 10% tax. Long ago when changes were made to tax system and CW rewards IMC looked at the items in vendors and deducted 10% from their cost. So for all the really old players 10% is "normal" pre old patch cost. Anything above 10% is riot worthy with pitchforks and torches!

If you can try running rank 3 mission - Merman nest in nimrod bridge. There are 4 bosses in, hidden one can sometimes drop vis and you enter his room once you beat the 2nd Merman and move out of the room into the middle platform. For better of worse all bosses and few of the summoned minions drop cheap junk to npc to more or less cover the cost.
    Thanks for the input, i'll look into this. I'll test to see if its possible with cres gear and if it is, i'll recommend it to the other newbies. As for your trivia, the old systems/patch is what shuns away old players from trying EU.

"Back in my day, x was hard. I don't want to re-do that." But as Savior said, i should be thankful at least it's not 20%.
    Last edited by LaRenuille; 08-29-2017 at 02:46 PM. Reason: typos