Thread: Server specs?

Wisdom Seeker
    Post Thanks / Like

Server specs?

Can we get an rough idea what specs the server has? I cannot imagine its anything stronger than a single desktop PC with the lag that happens.

This game was built 11 years ago and cwars used to run fine with twice the population a decade ago.

Pre 2008 the best Server chips were 4 core max with up to 4 sockets each for 16 cores max.
    2008 best CPU for servers was 6 core per chip on quad socket mobo's

Today Desktop chips for $300 have 8 cores & 16 threads with far superior performance per core & higher clock rates.

Today you can buy Ryzen Epyc 32 core cpu's for 2k usd and your telling me that 11 years ago we had hardware to run this game but can't today?

Im not sure what powerpc chips IBM had back in 2006 but I am pretty sure they didn't have anything 1/10 of as powerful as today. This game most likely uses x86 so most likely Intel chips but wtf is the problem.

Last edited by Prefix; 11-20-2017 at 03:18 AM.
    Family Name : Prefix
    "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live." - Taylor Swift

Mi Genera Song!

2. Likes Edesse, metalsadman, Noob, jhysthr liked this post
    Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    jaja that pic maybe laugh lol you won yourself a like .

Wisdom Seeker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    jaja that pic maybe laugh lol you won yourself a like .
    I swear the upgrade chance was true over 50 fails on my metal plate then i sold it to a Clany because it was useless to me as I couldn't +7 it and made a fraction what I used to fail upgrading it.
    "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live." - Taylor Swift

Mi Genera Song!

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbv20ZRoYCQ

haha here is a video how GEEU CW could be lol if no lag haha you can actually controll your chracters.
    One can dream lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbv20ZRoYCQ

haha here is a video how GEEU CW could be lol if no lag haha you can actually controll your chracters.
    One can dream lol
    yep, and they have more population than us lol. i'm thinking if it's still worth playing anymore lol. how to play when even just 1 squad for mission = lag, 1 squad field raid = lag, cw even lag with just 5 people on certain maps, weekend which a time to spam runs but you can't coz mission/instance issues haha, even soloing lags rofl.

hello GEEU? we've been calling you out for a while now with this lag issue, end our suffering or just state whats wrong, be frank if you want some of us to quit, it might help the server less laggier no? haha
    Last edited by metalsadman; 11-20-2017 at 04:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your first mistake was assuming it ran on anything but a toaster.

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your first mistake was assuming it ran

Wisdom Seeker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metalsadman View Post
    yep, and they have more population than us lol. i'm thinking if it's still worth playing anymore lol. how to play when even just 1 squad for mission = lag, 1 squad field raid = lag, cw even lag with just 5 people on certain maps, weekend which a time to spam runs but you can't coz mission/instance issues haha, even soloing lags rofl.

hello GEEU? we've been calling you out for a while now with this lag issue, end our suffering or just state whats wrong, be frank if you want some of us to quit, it might help the server less laggier no? haha
    If they do nothing about the lag everyone will quit.
    If everyone quits then the lag will stop!

Doing nothing will fix the problem

Checkm8 atheists!

Mi Genera Song!

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree need to improve servers finally