Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like

Magic dps ranking ??

Hello everyone, this noob is here with another question.

I've been thinking of investing in a full magic lineup for field raids and I'm really uncertain which one to pick.

I initially wanted to go with LR + Joshua (quest), after a bit of testing their dps seems rather underwhelming, or I guess, not as high as I expected. Joshua, in particular, seems like she needs time to build up her buff / debuff to maximize her dps, especially after the nerfed to golden chain, I find her a bit lacking even with 2 bellmas ring. In addition, running a combination of LR and Joshua makes it hard to optimize family attribute ( I'm level 67)

I'm thinking of switching to Eileen / Rubiana (I'm on my last part of Synodia questline), but I'm unsure how good she will be. From my experience raiding with people, her dps seems ridiculously high, but then again, I dont know their gear level.

Please give me your opinion regarding the best ele lineup as well as your ranking in term of dps.

Thank you in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly, Ribena powercrept every mDPS hard upon release. (But the server was generally too blindsided with RachelRachelRachel until like a month or two after her LB cycle) Get her accuracy up to 100 with gloves/attributes/buffs/food, stack as much penetration as you can with sockets/food/artifact , and you can take on anything. At this point in time, I'm using my Lead Stalker Rachel with Rubi, but she is relegated to being a -15RES Halidom debuffer because I don't have the fam levels to optimize for both of them, ha. D:

Off the top of my head:
    - Ion and Rubiana is quite nice because of his Flare, but in raids that is negligible if there is a Rosa present.
    - Joshua and Rubi is good because they can mutually share family attributes, minus the accuracy.
    - If you are feeling adventurous and prefer a mix of damage, then Hermes and Rubiana would work well as both are, for the most part, skill-damage based. However, Hermes is not quite as accuracy starved (unless you give her like... an Elite Insight of Talos artifact or something) and once you reach certain, pivotal points in the Family Attributes page, specifically the crossroads of Out-Ranger vs Sorcery, Dex vs Int, then you have to start looking more into the opportunity costs of each. From an economical stand point, it allows you to reuse most of your +DEX gears from Rachel on Hermes, and save them for whatever FotM ranged characters are in store for the future. Or simply have DEX gears on hand for certain situations is quite helpful! Yet on the flipside, IBRs are a bish to craft and procure.

Or if you are in the #bigballersclub then 2/3 Rubianas all the way lol.

Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the quick response. I think I will play Joshua + Rubi. Knowing IMC, it's likely Rubi will be nerfed to level the playing field with other mDPS but until then might as wel ltake advantage of it.

It's kinda sad that Joshua feels underwhelming after the nerf hammer, I grew fond of her tsundere personality after the quest.

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its gonna take sometime until they balance stance again.
    So Rubiana wont get nerf any time soon.

btw why dont u try lady rachel + judith

Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just not fond of any melee except Lynn/ CDaria

Post Thanks / Like
    Judith will be buffed in next stance ballance, and she actually nice atm. Main issue - her buff for other chars: 10 pene and 36% atk.
    " Satis Faction "

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelaine View Post
    Judith will be buffed in next stance ballance, and she actually nice atm. Main issue - her buff for other chars: 10 pene and 36% atk.
    This is my point. and LR dont need to worry about acc.
    u also dont need to care about judith's weapon (cuz we only want her buff atm.)
    so u can put ur money for LR.

LOL so IMO LR is GREAT for newbie.

Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelaine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moerte View Post
    This is my point. and LR dont need to worry about acc.
    u also dont need to care about judith's weapon (cuz we only want her buff atm.)
    so u can put ur money for LR.

LOL so IMO LR is GREAT for newbie.
    Holy hell, that's actually massive. Thanks for the headup folks. I will try to get my hand on one Judith first and wait for the buff.

Edit 1: I went to ge.jupath to read up on both version of Judith. Her quest version sounds like could buff other char in the family ?? or am I misreading it?
    Last edited by emiya245; 03-13-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Both forms of Judith's first skill buffs your family.

Judith has always been good pve pick! If the cost of her rings are any indication, there are still people that use her. I always felt that her skills were kinda "heavy" (like.. flashbacks to FF14 warrior skills) compared to Nena's 'zipzapzoop' nature of her skills in Vigilar/VF, who is arguably more fun to play and Invertir buffs makes her go ham, but she lacks the utility to buff your other characters. But then again we play this game for fun so play what you like. :P

Another fun character to consider- toss Nina's first skill on a nuker and watch them become a budget berserker lol. Hector works I guess but not as waifu.
    Last edited by Luri; 03-14-2018 at 12:35 AM.

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just reminder Judith Quest Ver. is better than cash Ver.
    Like she does more skill dmg.