Comparing physical DPS and magical DPS doesn't bring much to the table, it all depends on what kinda of content you are aiming for.
For example, in Armonia you would be mostly fighting bosses with above average def, and somewhat low immu/res, a scenario where magic thrives.
In Illisia you have bosses with absurdly high def and reasonable res, as well as bosses with pretty high res and low def (see the Imperium Rex mission), so you will be useful regardless of what damage type you decide to pick.
And this guy is right, as someone who often uses Hermes+Hermes for PvE, I can guarantee that her dps is far from a meme. She may have gotten nerfed last patch with the reload cooldown, but the new family attribute system was actually a very welcome boost to her (Ranger works wonders). She has pretty decent sustain, and on short raids her burst is crazy (you can cast heavy pressure 3 times in the first few seconds of a fight). Also, on Hermes vs Misa - the former stacks her cynical smile by casting her primary dps tool, while the latter needs to spam 2 skills that are just a dps loss for a pretty long time to build up eletric charging. As Xelaine said: scarecrow tests are nice and all, but don't tell the whole story.
(for most stuff nowadays, you are better off going melee instead of ranged, tho)
david, the chars mentioned in this thread - doom slave, crusader daria, lady/lead rachel, rubiana, hermes, misa - are all basically "top tier", and are all viable. Some of them excel in some situations, others excel in other situations... So like, just pick whichever you prefer/fits better you playstyle:
- Doom slave: press 2 buttons, then click the enemy. Doesn't deal very well with groups of mobs/enemies that summon mobs by himself, but has very high single target damage.
- Crusader Daria: press 2 buttons (the first of those you will press twice, actually), skill ~15 times, and you will be dealing a combination of decent auto-attacks that can hit multiple enemies and skills that can tear things apart.
- Lady/Lead Rachel: cast your job skill a few times, use 2 of her skills when they are off cooldown if you feel like, otherwise click the enemy. Also, both her and Crusader Daria are pretty good at SCR if that's something you care about.
- Rubiana: press one button, then press a second button every minute. Apart from that, just cast your skills - one of them is a channel, so you get to press it and then just watch her happily zapping your target for a few seconds.
- Hermes: press one button every 15 seconds, press this other button twice whenever you can. Apart from that, click the enemy.
- Misa: press one button every 25 seconds, then press another button as often as you feel like in order to plant some... bombs, or whatever, then press this other button to explode them (hopefully the enemy didn't move too much, and you get a stack of your buff, yay). To deal damage, you click the enemy.
I`ll refer her skills as hotkeys for 1st char in team -Q,W,E,R,T&Y for Job skill.
Actually there`s 2 tips to use with Misa to make her life a bit more easy:
1) Despite the fact that Q is not counted by game as attack spell - her W and even her Y is.
That allows you to shorten overall time needed to stack Electric Charge from lv1 to lv5 if you use cannon costume with 2-3 rumins that gives -1 sec to skills CD whenever attack skill was used).
That`s basically reworking Misa into Ryze from League of Legends, as -3 s to Q CD almost completely reloads it, and if you count animation time -you can land another Q right after any other skill is used.
That way you can start with a combo which will lay 5 Qs ,then explode it with W and lay another mine right after.
That combo would be Q-E-Q-RR(insta-cast)-Q-Y-Q-E-Q-W-Q. With at least 2 rumins it allows you to have a 5 stack and 1 mine layed right after W, 2 20% chances for Shock, and . The amount of mana spent is something around 3k, but with 2,5k mana pool +DBless (from Diablo,for example) it shouldn`t be a problem. Or you can use a SP pot.
Using that trick after you got W activated will not bring you anything- simply because it`s actually using 3 non-W skills ,which makes you use 6 stacks of Winding and 3 stacks of Electric Charger, while you`re getting 4-5 stacks of EC.
2) Other Misas in your sqad can actually explode your Q with their Ws, allowing you to have your buff stacked even without using W yourself. Simple Quaility of Life trick, someone still have to use W in your squad, but sometimes it can save your stacks if you got any silence-like effect or simply made a mistake.
The combo stuff is working for CDaria too,btw. Daria with 2 CDR rumins feels so freaking good as she`s stacking in almost no time. More then that- due to CDaria skills being an actual 2-skill combos ( Kira-Kira Smash, for example) - she`s getting -4 sec to every skill`s CD from any skill casted, so non-stop casting is more real then ever.
Last edited by itsyous; 04-11-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Apart from the tests we gotta look at how practical they are in fields
- For some field boss/individual bosses it's always safer to use range dps to hit and run, especially if you don't have op gears and the boss keeps on AOE, and especially now in Illisia the debuff bombs are nasty tho.
- Way much easier to get cannons than IBR/IAR for decent dps.
- Good thing about Misa is that she has large AOE's so she could come in handy for occasioanl mob-cleansening or instant PVP-PVE switch on field.
I just couldnt help laughing every time someone calls CDaria Taytay lol. The resemblance is real
so doom is not worth to invest??
If you're not gonna heavily invest in him, then don't play him at all. Unless you want a handsome barracks mascot, that is!
There is legit 3 pages of information that people have given you. Read it, digest it, and make an educated decision yourself because in the end of the day- you do you fam.
how u say aileen > rubi?? .... coz in sge aileen is trash lel
Different approach (glasscannon MDPS for Ruby, tanky melee MDPS for Eileen), different sources of damage (enhanced spells for Ruby, enhanced spacebar for Eileen), which leads many ppl to confusion - they simply go to scarecrows ,do full casts ,see way lower numbers for Eileen and think that she`s too weak.
Yeah, Eil is dealing a bit less damage,but she is better then Ruby in many things. But the thing is Ruby+Eileen is kind of good team comp,tbh. Eileen can take a hit , she`s not so accuracy-related in early to mid game (as you can get a good ACC score by using 3 Q, leather gloves and so on, while Ruby needs a later series gloves like Evil\Strata\Armo), her spacebar-oriented gameplay allows her to use hp absorbtion without need to risk her life while casting.
Right now for GEEU main problem of Eileen is OP prices for her job skill ring, which is really important for her, as at least +1AR in buffs is something almost any char should have right now.
means aileen is for long kill bosses not like rubi is for boss that can kill fast??
ok ok gonna try aileen + ring some1 want to trade my cdaria to aileen + ring