Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MirabilisObscura View Post
    But aren't accessory sets supposed to be better overall over enhanced boss earrings/enhanced jorg belt?
    Armonia Set dont have bonus for full set. Same for Divine, Evil, Bristia, Zodiac Sets.
    So, Armonia Earings as part of Set will give 7 pene, 5 immun, 5 accuracy and 5 stats.
    While Boss Earings always giving 5 pen, 5 immun and 10 stats.

Only Strata and Valeron have full set bonus.
    " Satis Faction "

Roughly how much damage does +10 to a stat give? For a start, let's just narrow down to STR.

World-Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddionysus View Post
    Roughly how much damage does +10 to a stat give? For a start, let's just narrow down to STR.
    +1% to both shooting&melee ATK per AGI stat over 50 (+10% for 60 AGI,for example).
    +2% for major stats (INT for mag.ATK, DEX for shooting, STR for melee) per 1 stat point over 50
    same scaling into negative numbers if this stat is lower then 50 (40 AGI on shooter will give -10%)

But in the same time effect will be slightly higher, especially for DEX, cause it`s not only giving you the shooting ATK, but also accuracy and crit.chance. Same for AGI,for example- you`ll also get an atk speed buff.

Based on this stuff - you`ll get the more difference the lower your char`s base stat is . For many of current meta characters their main ATK stats is 85-90 + 30 pts for promotions. Which makes it 115-120.
    So for example 120 DEX (count it with 50 AGI) will result an 70*2=+140% buff. Adding another 10 DEX will make it 80*2= +160%. Include base stat mod and you can calculate that you`ll get slightly more then 8% of pure resulting damage (260\240 = 1.08(3)). Plus crits. Plus accuracy.

And for some characters difference can be higher due to their mechanics (for example, Crusader Daria gets +20 STR from Hope of Argus if she have both job skill`s rings, Ania\White Wolf\Corsair\Carrier\ and in next update Grandies have an additional mechanic that allows them to penetrate more DEF\IMM with their skills the higher their stats.
    Last edited by itsyous; 04-26-2018 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by itsyous View Post
    +1% to both shooting&melee ATK per AGI stat over 50 (+10% for 60 AGI,for example).
    +2% for major stats (INT for mag.ATK, DEX for shooting, STR for melee) per 1 stat point over 50
    same scaling into negative numbers if this stat is lower then 50 (40 AGI on shooter will give -10%)

But in the same time effect will be slightly higher, especially for DEX, cause it`s not only giving you the shooting ATK, but also accuracy and crit.chance. Same for AGI,for example- you`ll also get an atk speed buff.

Based on this stuff - you`ll get the more difference the lower your char`s base stat is . For many of current meta characters their main ATK stats is 85-90 + 30 pts for promotions. Which makes it 115-120.
    So for example 120 DEX (count it with 50 AGI) will result an 70*2=+140% buff. Adding another 10 DEX will make it 80*2= +160%. Include base stat mod and you can calculate that you`ll get slightly more then 8% of pure resulting damage (260\240 = 1.08(3)). Plus crits. Plus accuracy.

And for some characters difference can be higher due to their mechanics (for example, Crusader Daria gets +20 STR from Hope of Argus if she have both job skill`s rings, Ania\White Wolf\Corsair\Carrier\ and in next update Grandies have an additional mechanic that allows them to penetrate more DEF\IMM with their skills the higher their stats.
    I see. Thank you! Btw, which should I typically go for - atk or pene on weapons/weap costumes?
    Last edited by daviddionysus; 04-27-2018 at 08:08 AM.

World-Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddionysus View Post
    I see. Thank you! Btw, which should I typically go for - atk or pene on weapons/weap costumes?
    Weap costumes don`t have a PEN\ATK rumins on our server.
    As for weapon rumins...
    Basic answer is PEN.
    More complex answer would be : PEN is always better for magic users ,and physical DPS can sometimes choose ATK rumins if you`re out of money to buy expensive spods,or going to hunt a low DEF+IMM monsters(like vesping).

For physical DPS it`s easy to fall off in terms of damage even with full PEN build, as you can sometimes meet a crazy 500+ DEF+IMMU boss, so any PDPS will not even put a scratch on it.

In the same time, for mages we have a kind of "limit" - while DEF have no real limit, RES is limited to 100 without any further buffs (which is kind of rare. For example, Lava Leaf can buff to 120 RES, if i remember it right).
    That`s why PEN would always be useful for MDPS - once you get to like 150 PEN total it`s a very few bosses that you can`t damage properly (Orden in new weekly, for example,lol, as he have a whooping 180 IMM and 100 RES).

For PDPS it`s kind of different ,so on some bosses like Montoro (137 DEF, if i remember right) obsidians can give you the same profit as the spods. And it`s way more cheap.
    Last edited by itsyous; 04-27-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by itsyous View Post
    Weap costumes don`t have a PEN\ATK rumins on our server.
    As for weapon rumins...
    Basic answer is PEN.
    More complex answer would be : PEN is always better for magic users ,and physical DPS can sometimes choose ATK rumins if you`re out of money to buy expensive spods,or going to hunt a low DEF+IMM monsters(like vesping).

For physical DPS it`s easy to fall off in terms of damage even with full PEN build, as you can sometimes meet a crazy 500+ DEF+IMMU boss, so any PDPS will not even put a scratch on it.

In the same time, for mages we have a kind of "limit" - while DEF have no real limit, RES is limited to 100 without any further buffs (which is kind of rare. For example, Lava Leaf can buff to 120 RES, if i remember it right).
    That`s why PEN would always be useful for MDPS - once you get to like 150 PEN total it`s a very few bosses that you can`t damage properly (Orden in new weekly, for example,lol, as he have a whooping 180 IMM and 100 RES).

For PDPS it`s kind of different ,so on some bosses like Montoro (137 DEF, if i remember right) obsidians can give you the same profit as the spods. And it`s way more cheap.
    Wow thank you! Which aspect of one's equipment contributes to the most in damage because I've seen players dealing millions of damage within seconds.

World-Explorer
    If I'm correct Penetration actually adds no benefits anymore when you penetrate through their immunity and def whereas Attack obviously still benefits you, but the crossover point (talking about per boss) actually occurs before there is nothing to penetrate anymore.

World-Explorer
    Quote Originally Posted by skiwi View Post
    If I'm correct Penetration actually adds no benefits anymore when you penetrate through their immunity and def whereas Attack obviously still benefits you, but the crossover point (talking about per boss) actually occurs before there is nothing to penetrate anymore.
    pretty sure it's actually immunity that adds no benefit once you negate all your enemy's penetration.

meanwhile, each point of penetration above your enemy's immunity is supposed to reduce their res/def by 1 (depending on whether it's phys or mag penetration)
    Last edited by Waluste; 04-27-2018 at 03:50 PM.