Wisdom Seeker
    Post Thanks / Like

Huge Performance loss when mousing over equip items.

Here is a video other users have said it too I always thought it was just me.

Specs:
    FX-8320
    Gigabyte DS3P 970 mobo
    R9 380 4gb
    8gb single channel ram
    Family Name : Prefix
    "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live." - Taylor Swift

Mi Genera Song!

World-Explorer
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is true .. even when looking at fam attribute, scrolling system, looking at mm with the same equip option, lag occurs .. pls fix this ..

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listed below is simply my opinion. I can`t really provide a 100% working solution, but guide the way that`ll probably help.

Such stuff can happen due to GE`s stupid update system.
    The 1st thing is GE is never cleaning the IPF files from outdated versions of files , which leads to crazy volume of some files, which is 90% junk (for example, Dictionary.ipf can actually work while being a tiny 3-5 mb file, while on old clients its volume is hitting 600mb mark.).
    2nd thing is not so bad, but combined with 1st one its becoming the problem- instead of using simple binary patches (and store only diff. for each version) , GE sends a whole modified file inside of it`s archives . That`s the reason cause of which the dictionary.ipf is the most overgrown among most of GE files - whole 150k+ strings dictionary is stored as a single file. One string changed- and client is downloading the new file again. All 150k+ strings. Same with models, icons, images,etc.

What can actually help is using the GE Toolbox from Starstorm aka Ashardalon on copy of your client.
    GEToolbox is based on old kit by japaneese dev.
    It allows you to do many different stuff with your client.
    It`s based on some EXE files that allows centrain actions with IPF files. The short list which can be used to solve this problem is:
    1)IZ.exe =>Convert IPF file into ZIP.
    2) OZ.exe =>Deletes outdated files from encrypted ZIP file
    3) ZI.exe => Converts encrypted ZIP file into IPF(.zip extension is still there, so you need to modify it from *.zip.ipf to *.ipf .
    That would cut some junk files from your client (from zero for some files to 700+MB for another ones).

The reason why i said that i can`t provide the 100% solution is cause sometimes the archives itself can be broken in your client( usually that can be seen on IZ.exe part- it gives the MapView() error), and using this kit can corrupt it even more. That`s why i suggest to do that with a copy.

After that operations you can defrag your client`s folder using any defragmentation tool, to speed it up a bit more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear All,

Is this problem so serious for playing?

If you have the issue from big size dictionary.ipf file problem. Please download below newest file and overwrite or replace and make dictionary.ipf file small like 3 or 4M.

http://eurogamezdownload.com/GEEU/download/dictionary_250418.zip

Thanks!

Team EuroGameZ

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroGameZ View Post
    Dear All,

If you have the issue from big size dictionary.ipf file problem. Please download below newest file and overwrite or replace and make dictionary.ipf file small like 3 or 4M.

Thanks!

Team EuroGameZ
    probably it`s time to update the client on download page.
    We`re on 29.xx.xx, while download page is still referring to 27.**.**, so ppl still have to download 2 major updates to play. That`s what can lead to a problems like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK We will and we figured out the fps problem and reported the Dev !!

Team EuroGameZ

World-Explorer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroGameZ View Post
    Dear All,

Thanks!

Team EuroGameZ
    Mind blowing, that file in my client is almost 800mb big. Is it safe to swap the dictionary file or better re-download whole client?