Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like

Current situation of server is lag too much

Dear GM,

Do you know after 3 weeks passed. The server is always lagging even on normal map. since you said start DB optimize task. so Can you help explain what are you doing and how are you planing ?
    We still hope the server will be back good as well. But now so sorry we lost hope already. i think player will quitting game also....

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    u have bad internet connection

World-Explorer
    Post Thanks / Like
    It didn't improve but I'm not lagging that much, I can still do wxpvp and cw smoothly. Maybe it's your location or provider.
    Cute Faction > 404NotFound Faction

Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol are u seriously? do u know our member faction said same the problem is lagging too much... so you think my connection ? even im using WTFAST? lol

Pioneer
    Post Thanks / Like
    i can WXPVP normally no and problem with lag but when CW got lagging too much lol i think its nor related with my connect... and GE confirmed already its lagging cuz i discussed with them... btw now lagging more than before la

World-Explorer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well you're a SEA region player connecting to a server located in Europe... I don't think it will ever be as smooth as you want it to be. Even with fewer players around, the lag still persists, maybe it will die soon.

Wisdom Seeker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
    Well you're a SEA region player connecting to a server located in Europe... I don't think it will ever be as smooth as you want it to be. Even with fewer players around, the lag still persists, maybe it will die soon.
    Dood there are Germans who are playing on the new US server because its less lag than EU server which is located in Germany.

They need to fix lag or everyone is gunna flood to the newer servers.
    Family Name : Prefix
    "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live." - Taylor Swift

Mi Genera Song!

Post Thanks / Like
    Similar situation in ff14. All the official English servers used to be located in Montreal, Canada and then Square partitioned them into 2 separate locations. The Aether & Primal datacenters got moved Colorado for NA players and then the Chaos datacenter in Germany for EU players. The EU datacenter has been absolute garbage for months with packet loss and lag spikes during heavy-animation AOEs during raids or being in proximity to a concentrated area of players. There's nothing they could do but submit tracert logs and ISP info for them to investigate.

Meanwhile in the NA server, most of our issues came from infrastructure issues with ISP's bouncing our connection around odd places before it reaches the server until Square ultimately popped off on ISPs. (Which is easy to do because we have like.. 5 ISPs in the country) Same thing happened with the Blizzard servers in NA where players trying to connect to a local server 20 miles away would get their connection bounced across the country before rerouting it back. A couple months later Blizzard announced they "resolved an issue with Comcast" and everyone was gucci. Similarly, a couple years back Riot Games had to pay Comcast, AT&T and Verizon to get their **** together.

World-Explorer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prefix View Post
    Dood there are Germans who are playing on the new US server because its less lag than EU server which is located in Germany.

They need to fix lag or everyone is gunna flood to the newer servers.
    Well that's weird, I'm from sea region and I don't feel that much lag at cw, just for maybe 3 seconds when all breakers and pvp warp at the same map at the same time, but after that it's gone. If GEEU dies I'll just quit GE altogether. I just play for the nostalgia but the grinding itself is so toxic now.