Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    World-Explorer
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelaine View Post
    Do you using Heavy Pressure from it's max range?
    Yes I do. I made sure my Hermes was standing as far as she could from the boss (her longest spacebar attack range). However, she'd walk up a few steps whenever I cast heavy pressure so I'm unsure if this is normal.

  2. #12
    Wisdom Seeker Xelaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    583
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddionysus View Post
    Yes I do. I made sure my Hermes was standing as far as she could from the boss (her longest spacebar attack range). However, she'd walk up a few steps whenever I cast heavy pressure so I'm unsure if this is normal.
    Pet, accessories, rumins, attributes?
    " Satis Faction "

  3. #13
    Whistleblower Luri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crit damage modifies how much damage you perform.. when you land a critical attack. Crit rate is the frequency of when you proc your criticals. When it's fixed to 50% you theoretically crit half the time when you auto. Character with innate 0 crit in their stance like yungRachel's Illusion Gunner, teenRachel's Elegance, Eileen's Black Cat among a wealth of other characters and their respective stances do not stand to benefit from the crit rate accessories because their crit is fixed to 0.

    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/5978367825
    Is a good thread to read up on it despite being a different game.
    Last edited by Luri; 05-30-2018 at 03:58 AM.

  4. #14
    World-Explorer
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luri View Post
    Crit rate is the frequency of when you proc your criticals. When it's fixed to 50% you theoretically crit half the time when you auto. .
    Does it also include the casting of skills or only limited to auto?

    Also, which would be better to go for first - crit dmg or crit rate?
    Last edited by daviddionysus; 05-30-2018 at 06:40 AM.

  5. #15
    Whistleblower
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    376
    Post Thanks / Like
    you should just go with 20% crit damage artifact after that go for the 20%crit +10 % atck for max powa.
    Crit rate is cap at 50% for melee and 75% for shooters. So there is no point to go with crit rate artifact since u can easily hit max crit rate with buffs like Sedatives or squad buffs from rio or grace etc.

  6. #16
    World-Explorer
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelaine View Post
    Pet, accessories, rumins, attributes?
    Hmm... if memory serves, most of them didn't have pets so I wouldn't try to get a competitive edge by using one either. I would say accessories and perhaps attributes. Are there any 'must haves' accessories/attributes for Hermes in order for her to reach to her fullest potential?

  7. #17
    Whistleblower Luri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you actually read the thread I linked, the gist of it is manage a good balance of both crit damage and crit rate if you truly want to optimize your damage. (Assuming you are playing a critlord, if not then focus on other stuff tbh.) Crit damage is a harder stat to meaningfully increase because its limited to family buffs, family attributes, certain self-buffs, and certain squad buffs. Skills can crit, and when they do the damage shows up with purple numbers above the target. Crit rate+Crit damage artifact is good for general-purpose farming of the afk or repetitive variety and day-to-day missions. If you have the luxury of perpetually having access to a full squad worth of buffs and a stacked reserve of pots and food, then first- congrats are in order and second- go live your min-max dream by all means lol.
    Last edited by Luri; 05-30-2018 at 08:13 AM.

  8. #18
    Wisdom Seeker Xelaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    583
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddionysus View Post
    Hmm... if memory serves, most of them didn't have pets so I wouldn't try to get a competitive edge by using one either. I would say accessories and perhaps attributes. Are there any 'must haves' accessories/attributes for Hermes in order for her to reach to her fullest potential?
    Its hard already to find player w/o any pets. For Hermes pretty good new Barong, old Divino, Diablo. Sabre Tiger almost similar to Divino, but cheaper. Even basic Tigers will help.

    Accessories:
    Hermes using 3x sets only - Divine, Bristia and Valeron.
    You are using Divine IAR, so, you need to get Divine set, it will give you another 4% atk, 4 pene and immun, but you shouldn't buy Divine Earings! Enchanced Shadow of Abyss - your main earings till Valeron set.

    Attributes:
    Everything that giving base ATK - Warrior, Warrior II, Veteran Warrior.
    Monster ATK - Hunter, Hunter II, Veteran Hunter.
    And if you still have enough points - Shoot line in Power page. Ranger, Shooting, DEX and Sniper.

    Also, if Hermes is your really main dps (your other chars doing low dmg), you can replace your melee char with quest Judith - extra 36% atk and 10 pene for Hermes. Jud has pretty high skill dmg, abit lower than CDaria, but loosing to CDaria and Doom coz her spacebar veeeeery low.
    " Satis Faction "

  9. #19
    Wisdom Seeker
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    512
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    you should just go with 20% crit damage artifact after that go for the 20%crit +10 % atck for max powa.
    Crit rate is cap at 50% for melee and 75% for shooters. So there is no point to go with crit rate artifact since u can easily hit max crit rate with buffs like Sedatives or squad buffs from rio or grace etc.
    Nothing compares to having 20crit damage 50 crit rate when doing things like AFKing especially like vesping with TayTay

    Or for people who mostly solo.

    The 10% atk is gunna add less than 5% Final damage on Doom in max end when he is buffed rio/grace+ Sedatives.

    And when he is not buffed by rio/grace/Seds his damage will be far better with 50% crit.


    For most missions you won't be wasting seds anyways unless its like high end.
    Family Name : Prefix
    "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live." - Taylor Swift

    Mi Genera Song!

  10. #20
    World-Explorer
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prefix View Post
    Nothing compares to having 20crit damage 50 crit rate when doing things like AFKing especially like vesping with TayTay

    Or for people who mostly solo.

    The 10% atk is gunna add less than 5% Final damage on Doom in max end when he is buffed rio/grace+ Sedatives.

    And when he is not buffed by rio/grace/Seds his damage will be far better with 50% crit.


    For most missions you won't be wasting seds anyways unless its like high end.
    So am I right to say that 50% crit rate is ideal for solo raids?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •