Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

weapons for royal road missions

will there be significant dmg difference between +8 34ar human and +7 35ar human weapons for rr missions?

Whistleblower
    Yes.
    35AR SD got 1 AR/DR bonus set.
    +7 GMT server, #makeithappen

Quote Originally Posted by egado View Post
    Yes.
    35AR SD got 1 AR/DR bonus set.
    supposed no set effect

+8 34ar 40% 100% human vs +7 35ar 50% 100% human = difference 10% atk will it be significant?

Whistleblower
    Quote Originally Posted by labradoodle View Post
    supposed no set effect

+8 34ar 40% 100% human vs +7 35ar 50% 100% human = difference 10% atk will it be significant?
    You deals 20% less dmg with +8 34AR

Why? Actually +8 34ar will have higher base dmg, so +8 +40% 34ar and +7 +50% 35ar will be almost the same, no?
    " Satis Faction "

Wisdom Seeker
    Short answer : There will not be any noticeable difference unless you autistically care about like 1% final damage

Warning Autistic Post Below!

1) Higher base damage on the 34ar
    2) Sometimes Divine weapons have extra pen
    3) 10% atk would not do 20% more damage in any circumstance the weapons would do basically the same.

I don't think you understand how math works if something is doubled after a 10% increase its still only 10% higher

If you had 100 damage and 100 racial you would deal 200 damage
    If you had 110 damage and 100 racial you would deal 220 damage or 10% higher

3b) 10% atk will not even give 10% atk depending on character it could give around 5-8% (Doom scales poorest with atk due to already having high atk bonus)

But here is the complicated part where the math requires the buffs

Attack bonus work like this

Assume you have no attributes, clan or any buffs
    50% atk 50% monster damage would be better than 100% of either it would give 225 total Damage vs 200.

Now lets say you have 100 atk then you get 40% atk from your chip 50% from your buffs and 50% for Fam attribute

It would be 240% total damage and if you changed that chip to 50% it would only be 250% total damage a final damage calculation of 4% more damage.

Monster damage is calculated as Racial and one reason attack is almost always better than monster damage is because you get bonus monster damage from Principle, bonus from fam attributes, 40% bonus from clan etc

If you get about 100 damage + 100 atk + 80% monster damage monster damage is calculated after

200 damage + 80% Monster damage = 360
    Now add 100% racial chip to the weapon = 560 damage

The 100% racial only adds 55% final damage

One reason why Crit chars scale so good is bonus crit damage scales off hte base 200% crit multiplier so 10% crit actually gives 220% crit damage scaling well.

Doomslave scales worse with attack than chars with no attack bonus multipliers but scales the same as them on racial. But he scales well on crit & due to his insane damage stats attack even when being less effective on him is still really good.

I have a video on my utube showing the 10 damage artifact vs 20% crit damage and 10% damage gives Doom like 5% final damage

Lesson There are two main types of multiplying bonus in math GE uses both for different things as far as I know all raw Attack Damage or Monster damage increases/decreases are additive.

But when you combine atk + monster damage that is multiplicative

Additive vs Multiplicative is where you do the math. Additive will combine all bonus into one
    In the below example 20+20+20 = 60%

Additive:
    100 + 20% +20% + 20% = 160

Multiplicative will multiply at each step

100 * 1.2 = 120
    120 * 1.2 = 144
    144 * 1.2 = 172.8

Multiplicative:
    100 + 20% + 20% +20% = 172.8
    Last edited by Prefix; 07-09-2018 at 09:50 PM.
    Family Name : Prefix
    "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live." - Taylor Swift

Mi Genera Song!

Whistleblower
    @Prefix: You can keep your formula.
    While my formula gives similar atk with alt + E window (with 1% different, Formula gives 1244 while windoow shows 1246)

P.s:
    18m dmg vs 20m dmg is just 10%. And yall know how big 2m dmg is.
    Last edited by egado; 07-10-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Wisdom Seeker
    @Prefix: You can keep your formula.
    While my formula gives similar atk with alt + E window (with 1% different, Formula gives 1244 while windoow shows 1246)

P.s:
    18m dmg vs 20m dmg is just 10%. And yall know how big 2m dmg is.

I didn't give a formula for attack I explained additive vs multiplicative. Other threads I have stated the attack damage formula.

I explained how racial damage worked. You cannot see racial on your char sheet.

My formula is math you were claiming 10% atk is 20% damage

ps: Its actually 11% more but that is being nitpicky.
    "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live." - Taylor Swift

Mi Genera Song!

Whistleblower
    Quote Originally Posted by Prefix View Post
    I didn't give a formula for attack I explained additive vs multiplicative. Other threads I have stated the attack damage formula.

I explained how racial damage worked. You cannot see racial on your char sheet.

My formula is math you were claiming 10% atk is 20% damage

ps: Its actually 11% more but that is being nitpicky.
    You still make yourself clown in every server as oldbie.
    + Damage comparing while 2 characters use different gear.
    + Doing billions test but still dont know how stat works. Lets use your *too long didnt read* post.

Quote Originally Posted by Prefix View Post
    200 damage + 80% Monster damage = 360
    Now add 100% racial chip to the weapon = 560 damage
    The 100% racial only adds 55% final damage

594041/324612 = 1.83
    I tot racial was additive with racial/atk ?

Wisdom Seeker
    You still make yourself clown in every server as oldbie.
    + Damage comparing while 2 characters use different gear.
    + Doing billions test but still dont know how stat works. Lets use your *too long didnt read* post.

594041/324612 = 1.83
    I tot racial was additive with racial/atk ?

You don't even understand English or math it seems.

No its Multiplicative to do atk * racial as stated above

But to get these 2 bonus's

Monster dam/Racial bonus are Additive
    Attack bonus are additive

Where I said 55% was if you already had monster damage and added 100 racial on top of that it would added 55% to go from

To get total damage atk * monster is multiplicative. I stated this clearly and explained how to get math. You were trying to tell us that 10% is 20% then you make a post of what I stated above and claiming I am wrong when your post shows it.
    Last edited by Prefix; 07-10-2018 at 10:49 AM.

Mi Genera Song!