Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like

[KGE] Q&A September 2018.

In short- there was a question& answer series on KGE , where players was able to ask devs some questions and suggest changes for the game.
    There`s a short view of the answers given, and some info about future of GE as KGE Devs see it.
    A)In near future there`ll be a huge rework of PvP system, mainly Cross PvP.
    1) Full PvP balance renewal
    2) Full renewal of PvP points shop.
    3) Not quite sure, but something is said about PvP seasons and costumes for PvP goals. Probably as major competetive games today, PvP will be split into seasons, and there will be rewards for top players.
    4)New systems and maps will be added in WXPvP.
    Overall it seems like thats a huge amount of changes, as ETA is set to 1st quarter 2019.

B) There`s no plans for changing the current grabber-like pets (KoG, Grabber, Phobitan...). Some players suggested the White List or Black List options, but that`s not the way IMC is planning to do this stuff. They`ll move in the way of:
    1) Lowering the amount of instant items (mainly HP\SP recovery, probably Glyphs which restores Activity will stay the same).
    2) Maybe changing the stats of current pets (higher gathering speed, higher range...) or releasing the new pets with higher stats.

C) Artifact crafting will change - instead of rare cases of arti pieces drop from monsters (mainly Kielce maps and Hall of Oblivion\CTB), there`ll be a NPC-click system ,probably like the one with Olivia books in Scar. And artifact recipes will change a bit.

D) Some bugs with new BH controllers and map TP objects (like arrows in BH Brib, TP in BH Occulta) will be fixed.

E) There`ll be a changes for the crafting system,and probably the weapons itself. It`s still WiP, but they`ll announce it with the next major equip series.
    The initial question here was "Will there be changes for [Evil] Series equipment?

Their main ideas about it:
    1)In current content, top-tier weaps is the way to finish missions faster, not something that`ll decide if the player can finish the mission itself or not.
    2) Currently craft of top-tier equip is high,but due to 1,it`s not a huge problem.
    3) If there`ll be a changes for equip- it`ll be an overall changes, with will affect not only [Evil], but most of series.
    4) Not only crafting, but also enhancing will be affected.

2. Likes Yuna liked this post
    Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like that they are revamping existing game features and not just slapping a new character every month to keep the players interested. WxPvp was so fun back before the [Nar bug/OP Leona/DC bug/Sariel Bug/OP character wave] ruined everything. There was so much diversity in characters used, now it's all Kiss and Adelinas. The funny thing is Olivia and Catherine DEX both have pvp adjusted stances when they never became mainstream in the wxpvp scene. I wish they balance everything again so certain stances won't OHKO a character in fixed mode.

I do hope they make changes to the following in the future too:
    1) Farming system
    2) A decent replacement for the battle colosseum (The one in Queen's Gate where you can farm feso, I watched a video (future patch) where they made the secret tower roulette all into family reputation cards, maybe change Castilla into a raid specializing in feso farming or something that can't be abused by alts/mules)
    3) Improve old characters (make them debuffers, buffers, give them new stances)

The expedition system should be here but I saw your earlier post and good thing they saw the flaw in that already. Anyway thanks for the update
    viva-vespanola.blogspot

4. Likes Yuna liked this post
    Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Dev has tried to improve the old chars. New stance like Corsair, LoD.
    They also buffed/nerfed many stance (like Equites)

And I don’t think we lack buffer/debuffer....
    Last edited by Moerte; 10-09-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes but most of them are devoted to PVP and to be frank quite OP. I'm not saying we lack buffers and debuffers but there is a need to diversify them. For example with the addition of buff points cap, they can divide which buffers are to be used in certain occasions. The thing about the buff cap is raids will just be fixed on the basics such as Rosa, Rio, Grace etc. but if you look at Karja, Bryan, Kess, those buffers are unique because they provide good buffs but only affects melees, shooters, and magic users. We can have more of those or introduce new ones like elemental debuffers specializing in one specific element so players can diversify the characters they use for specific raids. For stances like equites being buffed, Its good but what does it differ from the stronger stances? With stances like Reasoning Journalist, she keeps her attack and skill evasion even after the change from skill evasion to skill damage reduction. Unique effects such as that are what I'm looking for.
    viva-vespanola.blogspot

7. Likes Yuna, Moerte liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure how long have you been wxpvp'n but there was a time where Cath Dex and Olivia were both mainstream. As for the changes, I'm not against the balancing because I'd rather have wxpvp rebalanced and fixed than seeing everyone on Corsair

Youtube [click] || Also known as Lunetia family of sGE

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am only speaking about the sGE scene. I started doing WxPvp before Veronif and Ludin patch so that was way before it was separated into Fixed and Normal mode (quit around Nar HP-damage scaling bug since sGE takes too long to patch and fix sht). Maybe it was like the Lorch case where sGE only caught to how OP he is until Korea nerfed him. I still think those 2 characters aren't that OP unlike the newer characters for them to have a pvp stance setting

Amen on Corsair, but I still find it funny when they still loss on less popular characters, still can't buy em skills
    Last edited by Hildy; 10-10-2018 at 06:59 AM.
    viva-vespanola.blogspot

World-Explorer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone else have the feeling that all those pvp changes combined are a bit of wasted energy? There's major changes for the entire history of GE like every other major patch, I wonder what they could've done if most of that time went into other areas of the game.

World-Explorer
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the current population that participates yes is. But maybe it is not for us, some people do enjoy it. I tried it a few times and in single mode it is always the same person and in team it is always the same team, I'm just giving away kills to people with better chars...
    But that's the point of the rework, to make it better and beneficial to participants. They did rework rank raids for pve fans and some parts of cw for mass pvp.
    Cute Faction > 404NotFound Faction

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRenuille View Post
    I'm not sure how long have you been wxpvp'n but there was a time where Cath Dex and Olivia were both mainstream. As for the changes, I'm not against the balancing because I'd rather have wxpvp rebalanced and fixed than seeing everyone on Corsair
    Rebalance what ?
    You can nerf Corsair damage but you cant change its function (ranged instant cast).
    If you want balance, i got better idea:
    Remove AR/DR (P2W stat)
    Remove 30 points of promotion (tanker is less tanky, DD got less damage, Nar can deal damage while being tanky mean while another chars cant be tanky while add more damage)
    Remove armor skill damage ( we are ready got weapon/armor damage type)
    Remove extra damage on block/evasion char ( My char takes more damage because i add more def stat ???? LOL )
    Add cooldown to pot (Because of above damage nerf)
    Prevent SC usage in CW (its unfun for destruction characters)
    Character types should be putted back to 2007 era. Melee > Shotting > Magic > Melee. (Melee char got true meaning of melee. High block/evasion for the cost of 2m casting range)

Opening xPVP is worst thing they can do. IMC cant balance normal PVP, now they cant balance xPVP which supposed to be balanced PVP feature and they got 2 unbalance PVP mode.
    Last edited by egado; 10-11-2018 at 04:41 PM.
    +7 GMT server, #makeithappen

Whistleblower
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by egado View Post
    Rebalance what ?
    You can nerf Corsair damage but you cant change its function (ranged instant cast).
    If you want balance, i got better idea:
    Remove AR/DR (P2W stat)
    Remove 30 points of promotion (tanker is less tanky, DD got less damage, Nar can deal damage while being tanky mean while another chars cant be tanky while add more damage)
    Remove armor skill damage ( we are ready got weapon/armor damage type)
    Remove extra damage on block/evasion char ( My char takes more damage because i add more def stat ???? LOL )
    Add cooldown to pot (Because of above damage nerf)
    Prevent SC usage in CW (its unfun for destruction characters)
    Character types should be putted back to 2007 era. Melee > Shotting > Magic > Melee. (Melee char got true meaning of melee. High block/evasion for the cost of 2m casting range)

Opening xPVP is worst thing they can do. IMC cant balance normal PVP, now they cant balance xPVP which supposed to be balanced PVP feature and they got 2 unbalance PVP mode.
    Everything you wrote is basically "Remake the PvP concepts from a scratch",lol.
    And...the sad thing is that you`re right.
    While sometimes WxPVP was funny (basically due to totally other list of imba chars), with time going it became what it is now- yet another oneshot\CC fiesta.
    A.R.\D.R. stats is what`s killing this game after some point. It seems like a good concept, but overall it`s cancer, cause it`s simply "invisible wall" in front of the weaker player`s nose.
    Due to A.R.\ATK\PEN being usually a more often available option then D.R.\DEF\RES\IMM -we`ve got a oneshot fiesta with rare unkillable gods.

What makes me actually sad is the fact that GE files have some notices about way more interesting options for it`s gameplay.
    Chips for knockdown time\knockdown duration, changing the classes with equipping different rings,etc. But instead we`ve almost never came out from "AR\DR\ATK\PEN\IMM\DEF\RES" prison.

But overall , it was a wrong path for last few years. And i really doubt that it`s fixable with one or two big patches. Basically it can be fixed, but...IMC just began to work hardly with a game`s code. Really, last year bring us more new mechanics and stuff then ever before.
    But it`s still a "one or two big changes per 1-2 months". While full PvP rebalance is something really,really massive. I doubt IMC simply have enough resources to do it.