bok This site http://jupath.me/ is closed
    Whistleblower

This site http://jupath.me/ is closed

This site http://jupath.me/ where i believed most of us went to get information is closed
    I went there and get this terse message: "All good things must come to an end."
    I am going to miss this site badly. I always refer to this site for all things GE.....
    RIP...

I wonder whether there are other sites to go to for GE data and info all in one place?

Wisdom Seeker
    FAQS:
    Q: What stance does my character have ?
    Q: What's my max crit rate ?
    Q: What's lv13 of this skill ?
    Q: Which hand weapon is my damage based on ?
    Q: Do you know Rubiana doesnt do lightning damage ?

>Click here to see answer<

Whistleblower
    O darn, maybe the files/scripts to generate the site are still around?

If I remember correctly it was hosted on a different site first by a player of the game, but then it got transferred to jupath and was being maintained by someone who did not play the game.

Whistleblower
    Quote Originally Posted by skiwi View Post
    O darn, maybe the files/scripts to generate the site are still around?

If I remember correctly it was hosted on a different site first by a player of the game, but then it got transferred to jupath and was being maintained by someone who did not play the game.
    I`m willing to share all my experience, scripts, ideas and everything` with anyone who bothers to take care about small financial (domain name, hosting) and manual job part .

My scripts isn`t as polished as Jupath, but still can cover most of current mainstream questions.

I simply don`t have any time and money right now to launch it, lol. Not only my health issues is taking time to care about, but also upcoming holidays, as i had to build a new PC for my wife instead of her nearly dead laptop. But i`m willing to help anyone who`s active&dedicated enough.

With a couple of active ppl it`ll not take longer then 2-5 days to launch it from scratch & no experience.
    Sad but true, i faced some problems IRL that i never counted for.
    If someone willing to take care about domain,hosting and maintaining the DB-i`m ready to join the team.
    Last edited by itsyous; 12-16-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Hello, I wouldnt mind to take care of hosting. Can you share your project details?

Whistleblower
    Quote Originally Posted by Stk4242 View Post
    Hello, I wouldnt mind to take care of hosting. Can you share your project details?
    Already recieved PM atm from a man who`s willing to take care.
    But i wouldn`t mind sharing, pls send me PM with some contacts.

Currently i`m cleaning everything to make it 1-click, and it works for 90% of char pages content (everything but images is OK, images is OK for skills, but portraits and stance icons needs additional work, either manual or fixed scripts).

I`ll make sure that 1-click is working fine for at least major content (Chars, achievments, items, missions, quests) and then share everything right here.

Currently it`s..
    1) Put whole kit into /GE/ folder of your client.
    2) Run .Bat file. Files from your client will be decoded, extracted, then PHP (in-built, no need to install any webserver) will extract everything. And you`ll recieve the HTML files (currently only Chars, Stances, and Jupath-like char pages (with stance list and info about stances).

During this night i`ll take care at least about achievments (extracted into .HTML page with table for each achievment category). Basically everything is already working, but currently achievment pages require united XML file with whole item info, which i used to manually merge from ~15 files in client. I`ll make it auto.

Currently it`s VERY poor code quality due to many reasons, but...it`s at least working, yeah >_<
    Last edited by itsyous; 12-24-2018 at 09:24 PM.

You can access Jupath through Web Archive if you people are that desperate. But a new host with ongoing updates is desirable.

Whistleblower
    Achievments& missions succesfully refactored.
    Now only thing left is items...
    But it`s gonna take alot of time, as it`s heavy as hell ( total volume of XML used is around 100 MB, i think, and it`s split into small ones) and i want to rewrite it from a scratch as atm it`s using TOO much RAM).
    I can upload current kit (chars, stances, char+stances Jupath-style, achievments, missions, but images that require file renaming and\or image splitting not included) today, if there`s someone interested.
    Items and anything heavily desired by ppl will be uploaded later then (with a new version of the kit).

Whistleblower
    As promised.
    Here`s the sources of GE database scripts.

Put everything into /ge/kit/ folder.
    Run .bat file.
    Whole process takes ~15 min.
    /kit/Scripts/Templates is folder that contains .HTML-based (with some PHP fragments) templates for pages. You can change texts, styles (CSS\HTML) and so on by modifying that files.
    Results will appear in /kit/Result/* folders.
    /Characters - char info (plus job skill)
    /Stances - stance info.
    /Charactercname - merged char+ his\her stances pages.
    /images - mainly item\skill icons.
    /Achievments - no comments.

Items currently not included at all.
    1st release, like pre-pre-pre-alpha, so can be bugged as hell, and gonna get more functions in near future.

What to do with the HTML pages is up to you. Next release will probably include the header parser (Jupath-like) for character pages (character list), so it can be kind of complete.
    But i prefer to use either Joomla (HTML2 Articles component) or WP (HTMLImporter2 works fine) to take care about structure.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mX5...ew?usp=sharing

Whistleblower
    Item parsing currently working, but i`ll upload next version on Sunday.
    The reason is that there`s a bunch of problems to solve with item parsing at it`s core. Mainly about JGE -exclusive items (gotta find a way to separate it from the main list, but right now i can hardly guess something but ignoring everything that starts with NO_LOCAL_STRING.

As promised- next version will include some tools to maintain DB as dedicated site, without CMS or any other controlling services. Currently it`ll include character header, maybe item category header, and a separate tool to inject this headers to all pages. Dunno if i`ll make it a separate result folder or simply make kind of switch to include this headers or not.

What`s crossing my mind is... I`m terrible in design itself, so maybe i should take Jupath pages as templates? That`s technically possible. That + mentioned tools will make it possible to launch a real mini version of Jupath database,and in 2019 i can focus on expanding this toolkit.