bok GE HTML database (offline, self-parsing)
    Whistleblower

GE HTML database (offline, self-parsing)

So...
    Long time passed since i released 1st version of my kit, but that`s a second one.
    Right now it`s parsing all major information about characters, stances, skills. That information is then store as one .HTML file, kinda big one (~1 MB for English, ~1.5 for Russian (coming soon)). Images is stored separately (storing the images in base64 would make the database 20+ mb in volume (maybe a bit less if images is converted into jpeg, but not so big difference).
    It`s basically an alternative to Egado`s Excel database (which i really respect, actually half of data structures was made by looking on Egado`s way of presenting info).
    This theme will be updated from time to time to publish new versions of the kit.
    I will not publish new database after every update, only major updates and new char releases.

Differently from Egado`s database, this one IS NOT supposed to be updated by me . Instead i`m packing it into one "one-click" solution, so everyone can simply unpack it and parse the database from the actual game client.

Due to different client corruptions (which is happening way more often last few months, tbh), some images can be missing. On my game client that brought ~5 broken portraits and ~3 stances with no skill icons. That`s sometimes depends on GE`s inner files being incorrectly structured (for example - typo by devs in file names. Yah, happening sometimes).

Currently this one is in alpha-versions. Serious bugs can happen. I don`t know if i`m able to heavily develop it further (mainly because of my health issues), but i count that i`ll at least implement non-char information tabs (Achievments, items+recipes, etc). No ETA. No centrain promises. Think of it as of it`s last update, any upcoming updates is not guaranteed. Maybe it`ll happen. Maybe it`s not.
    Download:
    https://mega.nz/#!eGBjUC6Q!zoFlI7Zc9...Dwc9czG5PV4AXA

Manual:

1)Unpack .zip file into /ge/ folder of your client.
    2) Launch Prepare+Parse.bat.
    3) Launch EnglishDatabase.html
    4) Pick a character by pressing "Open" button on the page, and clicking the needed character in the list.
    The DB will be put into EnglishDatabase.HTML file. It`s supposed to be shared with ./images/ folder, which this kit will also create. ./images/Misc/ currently will not be re-created if you delete it! ./images/Barrack/ and ./images/Skill/ will.
    You can edit the page template in EnglishTemplate file. Do not touch 3 major keywords in this file - the ones in [[ ]] signs. You can edit the styles and mess with js variables a bit. That`s almost 100% enough to re-make this database into any Jupath-like , if you put enough efforts into CSS and images.
    -Use Parse(English).bat if you change the template. It`ll shorten the execution time to 10-15 sec, by skipping the IPF unpack and folder structure creation.
    -If you don`t use (and don`t plan to use) PHP on your PC, you can set .php files to be opened with /php/php.exe. This way double-clicking the .php file will launch it directly, so no .bat files needed.
    5) Click Prepare+Parse.bat again AFTER updating the game client to get the updated .html

Features:

-As it`s purely HTML, it can be used on any device with web browser. It `s don`t use any modern (HTML5\CSS3) techniques , so it should be fine on any device.
    -Character list is searchable (you can filter the names. For example,entering "Cadet" will output all chars with that word, from Adriana to Romina.
    -Character table is sortable (you can sort the table to see the chars with the highest stats (like STR,INT), separate recruitable chars from rare\achievment ones,etc.
    -Totally cleared from all non-playable content (like GM versions of chars, Operator,etc). Basically equal to in-game info center.
    -Some of buffs\debuffs have it`s tooltips in skill table. Totally NOT every single ones, as devs is barely really putting correct info into the client.
    -Whole .html page is ~1.1mb, in .zip it can shrink to ~200kb. It can be reduced even further in future versions, if one`s is coming out.
    -The scripts is heavily optimized comparing to v1 kit. I basically rewrote everything from the scratch , abadoning the experience and code base that was shared with me by previous DB creator. Now the script itself (Parse part, as Prepare part is still related to ix3.exe and IZ\EZ toolkit from dneeht,and it`s run time can barely be shortened) is doing it`s job in ~10-15 seconds ( on underclocked R5 3600), and ram consumption is under 300mb (while old kit was 1GB+). Can become even better with the upcoming PHP versions (switching from PHP 5.4 to PHP 7 basically halved the RAM consumption)

================================================== =====================
    And now to the sad part.
    Due to my health issues, slowly fading interest to the GE as a game, and my whole life getting a bit messy, that`ll be one of the lastest releases i make for GE. While i have at least 2 major releases in work (don`t expect them until the October, tho), i don`t think i`ll ever do something like that.
    One of the next releases will be helpful to the GEEU players in general. In short- no more reddy Error signs.
    Those releases will be a compilation of my GE-related skills. But after that- it`s goodbye.
    Good luck everyone!
    Rumbis aka Krowsenway aka itsyous....

Wisdom Seeker
    Common mistake cause i never suggest players to use ge.sytes or any kind of this tools:
    1. Too depend on english publisher.
    2. The stat in client is incorrect. Some stance uses boss stat, not rNPC stat.
    Untitled.jpg
    P.s: Your tool only works on korean client at the moment.
    Last edited by egado; 09-21-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    FAQS:
    Q: What stance does my character have ?
    Q: What's my max crit rate ?
    Q: What's lv13 of this skill ?
    Q: Which hand weapon is my damage based on ?

>Click here to see answer<

Whistleblower
    That`s right, GEEU have many typos ( like missing A.R.\D.R. on high skill levels.). It`s rarely boss stats ( boss versions and quest versions of characters usually use different class names in the client, mine tool is parsing the ones that Info Center uses), but mainly simply a problem of english translation (copy-paste of similar text content, without additional checks).

Anyway, it`s better be reported to GEEU and fixed in the client. While it`s possible to apply many manual fixes (like you did), In the client it`ll still stay wrong. And since the client is using the same IES files as my kit... Well, it`s GEEU work to fix translation. As long as i know- they`re kinda slow with applying it, but never rejecting such fixes.
    And yeah, i`m preparing a translation fix for GEEU to fix such bugs. But i`ll wait until D.Armonia update before i send it, to avoid strings getting moved and new strings overwriting this.

Tested on GEEU, both RUS and ENG clients, worked fine. Sometimes dneeht`s tool is failing if IPF headers is damaged. Other then that... Please report what`s gone wrong. Just to mention- .bat files is not supposed to be ran under Admin account, simply by user`s account (launching it under Admin account switches .bat cd).
    Gonna test it again later on perfectly clean client.
    It`s not supposed to be a perfect 100% database, but concept of avoiding the cons of Excel database- no Excel requirements, no messing with Excel versions,etc. HTML is better in that way. And if GEEU is going to apply translation fixes - that`s gonna become better, without me or anyone else need update and publish it manually).
    Also it`s good for getting the exact GEEU stats of newer characters, as last chars are often coming to us nerfed\buffed when compared to KGE Silver release. For example, your database (no offense) mentioned Moon`s Silver` buff stats, but GEEU got it buffed (more buff stats, less acc nerf). As it can happen, this tool is able to at least notify about such changes as soon as character is hitting live servers of GEEU.

Wisdom Seeker
    About moon error:

30.56.94: I added Moon to data base
    30.60.61: geEU sold Moon
    30.81.35: Moon added to kGE.

I refuse to fix moon's error until i update that excel to 30.81.35. Another words, moon didnt exist in 30.56.94.
    geEU didnt follow kGE/sGE update. Early release might cause some mess like Miho/Miha (geEU didnt release their hot fix until their next major update)
    Last edited by egado; 09-21-2019 at 05:29 PM.
    FAQS:

Whistleblower
    Ppl usually use such kind of databases to look for something they meet in the current live version. That`s also why i decided to publish a whole kit, not just database. KGE versions means nothing for GEEU\SGE\NA update rates. Every server other then KGE break the KGE characters scheldule, as it`s about money, and money can`t wait until next major update.
    As for kit working... Forgot to mention that it`s better to avoid spacebars(" ") in the path to game folder. It can be avoided by some .bat file modification, but as it`s the first release i simply forgot about it, as my path is spacebarless.
    Currently updating the new game client to test it from the scratch.

Wisdom Seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyous View Post
    KGE versions means nothing for GEEU\SGE\NA update rates. Every server other then KGE break the KGE characters scheldule, as it`s about money, and money can`t wait until next major update.
    I will never forget geEU kiss in his extra released time People cry alot

Anyway, sGE follows KGE characters scheldule, 4 weeks 4 patch 1 character.
    FAQS:

Whistleblower
    Tested with clean install client, no-spacebar path - works alright.
    Win10 (tho no real difference)

Whistleblower
    good times jaja when kiss first release lol