bok [Pattern of Giant] Nilly and Kael quest help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wisdom Seeker

[Pattern of Giant] Nilly and Kael quest help

hi so after a year of being stuck in some stupid dps check mission in the illier questline, now im stuck once again at this quest called [Pattern of Giant] Nilly and Kael, where im supposed to deliver a quest item gotten by clearing the Tower of Castilla raid, which is a very hard raid and i can barely even make it to the 2nd to last boss only to get wrecked in seconds, tank or no tank

ive been playing this game for 7yrs now and from the beginning ive tried so many times to clear this raid, solo as well with full squads a few times. never passed it sadly. i was like ok fine it's not really mandatory anyway it's just some stupid sidequest thing. well now there's no two ways about it, im going to have to clear this to actually progress in the main questline now, it's stupid bc:

- it's a raid that's like over a decade old or something so no one is doing this
    - ive been trying for weeks to get ppl to do this, shouting, with no response whatsoever
    - just preparing for it is a nightmare and is not going not going to happen, then it turns out im reading the quest item needed only drops 25% of the time upon valkyrie queen
    - usually other main quests that require you to do some hard raid or whatever, used to give you the option (mainly for solo players who dont have time to commit to a faction) to farm mobs or just pay growth stones instead. but for whatever reason you don't get that with this quest?
    - it is intensely frustrating that this raid is still hard to clear with even a full squad when jGE players are able to clear it with any 1 character with ease

so i would like appeal to GEEU to request options for solo players to pass this quest, like is possible with previous such quests (pay GS or farm mobs).

World-Explorer
    JGE is different ge,so they have they own balance, missions,chars and etc so no wonder if they complete by 1 char

Whistleblower
    ToC can be soloed.... But it`s a hard one to do. Harder then some missions released years after ToC. For example, harder then hard luci.

ToC can be soloed using different approaches.
    1) Lure&Kite. 1st form of Valkyrie Queen is hella slow, and its attack distance is lower then some mainstream shooters. I lured her using Lady Rachel ~ a year ago. It took me almost half of raid` map to kill her using sidesteps.
    2) 2nd form is basically about avoiding\dispelling the crowd control, the best chars to do so would be Leona\Brunie\ any other DPS with Valeria or Elisa. If you`re lucky , you can avoid CC without dispell, then you only need to dodge her skills & sustain hard (HPAbsorbtion ftw).

Valkyrie`s crazy damage is in the fact that she`s one of a few bosses (2nd being Raynold`s second forms on Tigres F10) with "true damage", in other words - non-elemental magic damage. Therefore you can`t counter her with RES or DEF, only D.R., damage reduction effects and Max.HP is doing okay.

Some factions run ToC Hard, tho, maybe try calling it.
    AFAIK, no "alternative" route is currently patched on KGE, and GEEU is not the devs, so the only way to get alternative route is KGE to patch it. Tho they`re announcing many changes , maybe next few patches will nerf Sympho\Syno too.

Wisdom Seeker
    i cant even get to the VQ itself i can barely get to the 2nd to last boss (VALKYRIE GUARDIAN) where they spam a bunch of flunkies and then the VG itself kills my tank in a minute. it's a nightmare just trying to get the Chaos Festival buff which is absolutely essential and only shows up once every 3 or 4 attemps, if i dont get it i just quit for the day - yeah that's right for some stupid reason the devs decided to make this already hardcore mission a once a day thing instead of repeatable like before. im sorry to sound like a jerk but who's the dumb-@ss that came up with that bright idea? like i said ive been away for a year and it seems the game only got worse instead of solo player-friendly

the difficulty jump compared to the mines and temple is gigantic, whereas the former can be easily soloed the tower could hardly be beaten with a full squad, but maybe nowadays id have more luck

you supposed they might patch it in the future, well how old is this questline already? like almost 2 yrs or something? i forgot. they're not gonna patch it by themselves that's why im requesting the mods contact the devs bc it seems ridiculous that they forgot to include the option to bypass the raid through an alternative option.

Whistleblower
    PM me your IGN on forums. I haven`t tested my battlepower for a long time (diablo nerfed, MSB nerfed) ,but i will try to help you.

if its the normal TOC, be sure you get the chaos festival buff. it will make your life easier.

Quote Originally Posted by MeteoraXV View Post
    hi so after a year of being stuck in some stupid dps check mission in the illier questline, now im stuck once again at this quest called [Pattern of Giant] Nilly and Kael, where im supposed to deliver a quest item gotten by clearing the Tower of Castilla raid, which is a very hard raid and i can barely even make it to the 2nd to last boss only to get wrecked in seconds, tank or no tank

ive been playing this game for 7yrs now and from the beginning ive tried so many times to clear this raid, solo as well with full squads a few times. never passed it sadly. i was like ok fine it's not really mandatory anyway it's just some stupid sidequest thing. well now there's no two ways about it, im going to have to clear this to actually progress in the main questline now, it's stupid bc:

- it's a raid that's like over a decade old or something so no one is doing this
    - ive been trying for weeks to get ppl to do this, shouting, with no response whatsoever
    - just preparing for it is a nightmare and is not going not going to happen, then it turns out im reading the quest item needed only drops 25% of the time upon valkyrie queen
    - usually other main quests that require you to do some hard raid or whatever, used to give you the option (mainly for solo players who dont have time to commit to a faction) to farm mobs or just pay growth stones instead. but for whatever reason you don't get that with this quest?
    - it is intensely frustrating that this raid is still hard to clear with even a full squad when jGE players are able to clear it with any 1 character with ease

so i would like appeal to GEEU to request options for solo players to pass this quest, like is possible with previous such quests (pay GS or farm mobs).
    Pm me during the weekend I will help you to do it (GMT +8).

IGN: MadDog69

Cheers.

Wisdom Seeker
    hi guys thanks for the offers, ive been busy and tbh this castilla tower thing put a damper on my enjoyment of this game so i havent felt like playing it much. sad because i was really enjoying this game again for a week or two after not having played it for like a year

i will try again to organise a raid but it's not looking good, not enough ppl are interested and then id have decide whether to do Normal with the low quest item drop rate over and over again, or Hard which sounds impossible to complete let alone organise

and @GEEU doesnt seem to give a crap

Wisdom Seeker
    at this rate i might have to pay ppl to help with this raid, like a mercenary thing or something

it's very frustrating that GEEU doesnt respond, never seems to be online in-game, and just doesnt care in general when this is a pretty big issue

Dear MeteoraXV,

Sorry to response late. We thought you get some help from other people and proceed.
    Even though the other's help, if you cannot proceed the quest, please send ticket and we will help you.

Thanks,
    Team EuroGameZ