Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Whistleblower
    it just makes no sense, IMC directly gave the patch to Steam in November and meanwhile EU didn't get anything by February ? hard to imagine

It's one thing if they're just selling vis, however that isn't the case. My friend once messaged them about how much feso they have on-hand back in 2017. They responded with "unlimited ^^".

The site in question sells 500 Growth Stones for $44usd. Like if you know a way to acquire ethically sourced feso at somewhere remotely close to that price (at an allegedly "unlimited ^^" quantity) then please, I invite you to change my mind.

Yes, they can do charge backs to recoup the cost the cost of purchasing feso from the webshop and then circulate it around but why haven't they doubled-down on the source, or tracked where the feso is going to ban players to make a statement? Like it's been.. years fam, get your sht together.

Wisdom Seeker
    Wew that's cheap growth stones lol. Maybe that's why market flooded right now.

new Steam GE server (EU) coming soon

Whistleblower
    Quote Originally Posted by Luri View Post
    It's one thing if they're just selling vis, however that isn't the case. My friend once messaged them about how much feso they have on-hand back in 2017. They responded with "unlimited ^^".

The site in question sells 500 Growth Stones for $44usd. Like if you know a way to acquire ethically sourced feso at somewhere remotely close to that price (at an allegedly "unlimited ^^" quantity) then please, I invite you to change my mind.

Yes, they can do charge backs to recoup the cost the cost of purchasing feso from the webshop and then circulate it around but why haven't they doubled-down on the source, or tracked where the feso is going to ban players to make a statement? Like it's been.. years fam, get your sht together.
    500 GS is ~ 8-10b, right?
    Let me be honest....
    I live in Russia, and sometimes i see posts in VK groups (not official GEEU group, but some fan-made ones) from ppl who is ready to sell 1b vis for ~ 300-350 RUR. Sometimes even less. No names called, ofc, and it`s not even like i know every single one of them. Most use alt SNS accounts anyway.
    Current RUR<=>USD is ~63.4 RUR for 1 USD.
    10b from this players would be ~3250 RUR, in other words- ~50 USD. Kinda as low as 44$ per ~9b.
    And... Sad, but true- i know some of this players. Those who i know is not related with GEEU. Like...at all. Yet they`re ready to give this low price on vis. They don`t have "UNLIMITED ^^" stocks, but that`s a deal for ppl who`s into this bussiness for a long time. Monitor the RMT market for a long time- and you`ll be able to buy as much GS as you want. Like...often ppl offer 20-30-40b vis. That`s ~2k GS. Yeah, you`ll need some time to gather this much from MM, but once again-it`s not impossible during the long run.
    Like... you can`t be 100% sure that there`s everything clean and nice after the GM trading news, but buying 44$ 500-GS packs from RMT don`t sound that much unreal to me.

Also, from what i heard, there was a kinda RMT ban wave a few weeks ago.

Yeah, serious big companies doing their job to compete with RMT, to fight it. But...
    I feel like i said way more then i should, but it should be told.
    ================================================== =================
    EVERYTHING BELOW IS MY THOUGHTS ,CONFIRMED BY NOTHING AND POSSIBLY 100% WRONG
    ================================================== =================

EuroGamez GMBH can be found on some headhunter sites. Last time i found it it was on some Korean HH website. That`s an information from open sources, everyone can google it right now. Not like it`s a commercial secrets or anything. There was also a short intro page about the company. You know how many ppl was listed as employees there?
    Nine.
    Even if you consider the fact that GEEU is not a developer company, they still need to have at least one coder (And there was a request for MVC ASP coder, i think it`s about website events that was running from GEEU (i can hardly rememeber which was the last one, but still- there was PTEs like Rose one a few years ago) and changing stuff like Letizia luckyfesogiftbox.) At least 1 man to translate all the stuff from Korean (remember, image translation is also included, so PS skills required!). At least 1 system administrator to keep it all runnin`. At least 1 man to take care about papers & money. You got the vibe?
    GEEU is not large game company. Don`t mistake it for one. For a company with 9 (possibly) employees, running full publishing cycle for 3 different projects... Let me be honest- simply running servers with at least 99% uptime and stable event rotation is already a VERY GOOD level of work.
    TBH, i don`t think that GEEU right now is a kind of project that can generate A LOT of money . Even for 9-man company. I don`t try to make anyone feel sad about GEEU staff, i`m simply pointing that hiring more ppl can be a VERY difficult option. That also makes clear why GE never got a good marketing- good marketing cost some money!
    And to digg into the currency flow on the flow server, even if you consider GEEU a small MMO project, you need some manpower. Plus we don`t even know if there`re any tools on server-side to use. If the only way of doing it is to dig into the gigabytes of logs... Sad to be the one doing it.
    And that`s why stuff like V***ds is happening to many old MMOs. Ususally it`s running under a SMALL publisher, which should count every single dollar of income. They don`t have resources to launch a big fights with RMT. They don`t have resources for a marketing. They`re paying a huge part of their income to keep contracts with developers active, and trying to survive.

================================================== =====
    Thing is, for a reasons i noted above, GEEU is actually doing well. Yah, this update cycle is terrible, so they should give us information ASAP. Yeah, fighting with RMT should be a good thing. But in fact they`re a small company running a 14- years old MMO that wasn`t popular even on its zenith. Yet they`re running events, keeping it alive, and have a kind of communication with players.

Wisdom Seeker
    GM did said they had a dev problem , reason for no updates, lol just that most ppl just like complaining"including me in clan chat" or did not see where they answer. Most likely they have "everyone" working on the new Lyndon Characters, events while they solve the dev problem? Also as for sge getting patch faster then us, they get the new character last for some reason.
    Now the main thing that has ppl mad is the gm trading, hopefully GM answers what was sold directly to players in secret.
    Then we can all start complaining about the update, or the igormi character box lol

Whistleblower
    Our complaints aren't completely baseless though. GEEU is after KGE in terms of patch when I started playing in GEEU years back and I had wonderful things to say about it. You can find posts of me praising GEEU's update speed here and there in this forum in the past.

http://viva-vespanola.blogspot.com/2...none.html#more

I've been here long enough (currently 4th in total achievement hall of fame mostly to attendance alone) to see how the management have changed over the years (the change in people managing GEEU as well). Not only this but I've joined many in-game and forum based events to know that GMs have changed since then.

Regardless of the patch if they are really having issues with the Dev, things here have been going downhill ever since.

On the list of recent issues we had recently:

- Graphics bug (red chars) when they implemented Halloween costumes (you need to DL the whole file of skins even though only a few corrupted the bunch, I just used my old skin file because I just don't have the time to DL it)

- Another graphics bug when a new Lyndon char was released (Same ****, DL the big skin file again cause they can't be bothered to extract the files or check before going live with the server)

- Animation bug with Heyran (No need to reDL the skin file, now just reDL the just-as-big animation file)

- Igorni's Box (Tldr, this is a patch issue as well because we should've had the revamped character boxes by this time so it bugged)

- Various wxpvp related complaints

- I still can't use the edit button in forums

- DIRECTLY SELLING TO PLAYERS **** THAT AREN'T IN WEB SHOPS:

They can't deny the number of Cannas appearing in game with matching rod weapon costumes. The fact that she has only been rereleased 3 times, 2 in Feso boxes (which are BROADCASTED when someone gets) and once in a premium COLLECTION card box in lyndon box 300th bonus. This **** is sketchy as fuuuck and I can believe someone isn't fired for this. They completely crapped on their integrity as GMs by giving in to whiny players (remember the time they considered changing world boss time because of a bunch of whiny players? I feel like this is the same situation)

Since this is a two way street:
    To players buying **** from GMs: DON'T BE ****ING PATHETIC DESPERATE ****ERS! Don't ruin this game for everyone, go do raids like the rest of us, no one gives a **** about your shiny **** if you don't have the skills to match it with. HALL OF FAME IS THERE FOR A REASON, THE GAME ITSELF DECLARES WHO IS THE BEST and doing illegal **** won't help your case. UGH so tired of vis sellers, buyers, ****ers.
    viva-vespanola.blogspot

Whistleblower
    PS. Look how easy it is to loophole around saying fck just by using many U's.

Same goes for vis sellers, program it to ban words like

vis , v i s, gold, g o l d, the website name, website name with spaces, etc.

Other games have been doing this for a while now keep up. I haven't seen GMs in game for a long while hosting mini events and just randomly chatting, we know we aren't getting patches, so what have you been doing?
    viva-vespanola.blogspot

Pioneer
    unless official or affiliated, the spammers are farmers sucking the game's resources and taking real money away.
    if only willing to, they can be deterred or even terminated, for the benefits of the dev, publisher and players.

chat filtering is of course one way, but easy to get away with, so a never ending cat and mouse chase.

are new players desperate for local chat?
    if not, then consider enabling local chat as a reward for finishing a certain scenario or reaching a certain family level.
    after all, new players can get necessary help from their pioneer faction.

are established players with high attendance over some years trustworthy?
    if so, then consider appointing a team of monitors authorized to lock the spammers at sight pending gm action.

btw, allow players to set and persist their own default chat tab.
    personally i switch from the local tab to the system tab after every reset.
    i hate the spammers, and have no need to know who has gotten how many oxides.

btw, don't keep resetting the player's ui, such as the chat tab and the inventory details checkbox.
    ignoring the player's preferences just make the game stupid rather then more challenging or interesting.

does the dev know what players want? have they ever asked? is there an interactive channel?

Whistleblower
    Quote Originally Posted by Horvat View Post
    unless official or affiliated, the spammers are farmers sucking the game's resources and taking real money away.
    if only willing to, they can be deterred or even terminated, for the benefits of the dev, publisher and players.

chat filtering is of course one way, but easy to get away with, so a never ending cat and mouse chase.

are new players desperate for local chat?
    if not, then consider enabling local chat as a reward for finishing a certain scenario or reaching a certain family level.
    after all, new players can get necessary help from their pioneer faction.

are established players with high attendance over some years trustworthy?
    if so, then consider appointing a team of monitors authorized to lock the spammers at sight pending gm action.

btw, allow players to set and persist their own default chat tab.
    personally i switch from the local tab to the system tab after every reset.
    i hate the spammers, and have no need to know who has gotten how many oxides.

btw, don't keep resetting the player's ui, such as the chat tab and the inventory details checkbox.
    ignoring the player's preferences just make the game stupid rather then more challenging or interesting.

does the dev know what players want? have they ever asked? is there an interactive channel?
    1st...let me LUL before anything else.

2nd...
    Pub-li-sher.
    Not developer.
    Chat filter is bull**** that will be bypassed by spammers even with their current methods (random signs and spacebars in messages). And considering how current GE word filter is working- you can actually try it yourself if you have a very basic toolkit. Not only it`s client-side (so bypassing it is a piece of cake), but it`s hella basic. That`s why we`re getting Cr**** shield piece censored even as in-game item link.
    Chat enabled after questing... Welp, not only it`ll kill any pespective of getting new players (not because chat is hella important for them, but simply because MMO that require you to unlock even chatting is... Meh. Like...Even if you don`t use chat and play solo- MMO that require you to unlock chat is hella weird), but also... Have you seen how much s**t was generated after Steam servers put a questing lock for trading?
    Plus... Once again- PUB-LI-SHER. GEEU don`t have anything to do with a game development. All the development is performed by a different company, via contract, and basically GEEU gotta request any feature...and possibly pay for it to IMC. IMC put trade lock after terrible SGE-NAGE start (in terms of RMT and alts), but IMC did it because new servers was launched by them, and it was hurting their income. I highly doubt that IMC care about income of GEEU. Plus they have a hella bunch of problems on KGE to solve, and too much different stuff announced, waiting to be implemented. Heck, they have a mobile GE to develop! That `s totally taking a lot of resources.Until RMT becomes a huge problem for KGE - we`re hardly getting any changes there.

Monitors and stuff... 1st - it`s hella risky . Like... GEEU is laughed of after the GM trading, even tho it was made with official mail and stuff. How many rumors will appear if they`ll hire active players? Not like i don`t have any reason to say that.
    2nd - it`s a huge amount of work. Like i said - V***ds seems to have a huge pack of software behing them , so they seems to be able to spam 24\7. How many ppl needs to be hired to monitor stuff 24\7? How much money do you have to pay them if you hire them as staff (remember- small company running old MMO with little to no marketing)? How much "freebies" you gotta give`em as compensation if you don`t? How will this "freebies" affect the server (both in terms of rumors and game economy)?

I mean... I saw ppl runnin rumors on persons that i personally know is not related to GEEU. And i remember a huge amount of rumors regarding any player with any base of influence. Sanklero, Doom, Gundam, etc. I laughed hard of some Sanklero myths ppl was trying to feed me. Imagine how huge will a sh**storm be after a messing with the game community with ANY kind of compensation?

Anyone who know my background is laughing hard now.

RMT is a problem. I`m not gonna tell that it`s not affecting anything.
    Current update cycle is hella terrible. I`m not gonna tell that i`m agree that it should be delayed like that.
    GM Trading is murky business, it should be terminated ASAP. If GEEU wants to provide players any "non-random" cash stuff- they should do it via sales events, packs in cash shop and stuff. Not with an unclear personal offers.
    But things is not that easy.
    GEEU know what they`re doing. They can be right, they can be wrong, but i want (and i have a reason to) to believe that most of their actions (and all the measures they don`t take) have a reson behind it. Delayed patch? Like already mentioned- KGE bugs. Am i agree that "possible bugs" worth delaying update that hard? Nope. Nope at all.
    RMT? I can really believe that GEEU is short on resources to fight it. Any player (me included, ofc) don`t really see a whole picture. At least i understand that being short on resources is possible for them.