Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It's very sad really. First Russian Server was closed then this one. GE EU helped me to cope with my anxiety while working in China and this was probably the only server that did not require vpn there. I have donated lots of money and now it's all gone sadly. Seems like I'm never gonna enjoy GE fully cause wherever I start playin servers are being closed.
    P.S. Where would you guys recommend me to start? Is Steam a good option? It kinda requires you to donate from the very start and it has some technical issues. Thanks in advance

Yes the steam version just opened a new EU server 2 days ago, with a big event where you can earn a lot of free stuff over the next 35 days. Definitely worth checking out.

It's also the version by IMC. So this time it shouldn't shut down because some license runs out, because they are the ones owning the license.

Whistleblower
    Not even a final goodbye. What a management
    They couldn't even handle basic coding to fix weekend bug, what did you expect.

Where would you guys recommend me to start? Is Steam a good option? It kinda requires you to donate from the very start and it has some technical issues. Thanks in advance
    I agree with Vasburg. For the long run, it's better to go to the official one my IMC, no contract issues/future updates guaranteed/etc. I took a peek and there are no gold sellers, well at least the time I logged in.
    viva-vespanola.blogspot

Whistleblower
    IMC EU will have a terrible game economy. That scares me AF from beginning again.
    Reasons:
    1) From what i heard - 1st server is suffering from bots. IMC doing fine in banning RMT, but terrible in banning bots.
    2) There`re already an armies of chinese accounts in Rebo. Literally done the bot-way. Same pack (Mus+Mus+Sc), same char names (usually 1, 2, 3)...
    3) IMC removed xtap, without any proper replacement for Steam (KGE still protected with anti-cheat). There`re already bots with active development & updates, based on like 10 y.o. Geer. Sad af.
    4) Trading is not locked by JDay scenario, just with Lv20 restriction.

So... Yah, no real alternative (Andromida will fall off in terms of updates, even tho i`m really happy with their philosphy), but i find it sad that IMCEU can be destroyed veeeery soon. The way RU GE or IAH servers did. Just with rush of bots ruining the day for everyone.

Pioneer
    andromida

Wisdom Seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by sea View Post
    andromida
    We all know geEU tech guy are working for andromida
    FAQS:
    Q: What stance does my character have ?
    Q: What's my max crit rate ?
    Q: What's lv13 of this skill ?
    Q: Which hand weapon is my damage based on ?

>Click here to see answer<

Whistleblower
    Still, while current Andromida content is 90% built-in due to "leaked" server software, all of that will be backports & Reverse engineering.
    I mean, it`s simply roadmap ,and announce of "We`re gonna look at that". While some content is probably easy to implement (costumes, simple balance changes like percentages), some is harder (Additional missions "hard level", some questlines) and some is nearly impossible with a small team and no engine sources (like quests with custom mechanics, new characters, etc).
    If it `d be so easy to implement such stuff- RGE would`ve already backported everything up to Ailis and there`d be no sense in Andromida.

Plus...Sad, but andromida is here just for a very unlucky timing. I`m still hyping their vision, but with IMC revealing it`s possibly last major progress stone for GE (being Grand Master & GM stances), the hype battle is definitely won by IMC.

Quote Originally Posted by itsyous View Post
    Still, while current Andromida content is 90% built-in due to "leaked" server software, all of that will be backports & Reverse engineering.
    I mean, it`s simply roadmap ,and announce of "We`re gonna look at that". While some content is probably easy to implement (costumes, simple balance changes like percentages), some is harder (Additional missions "hard level", some questlines) and some is nearly impossible with a small team and no engine sources (like quests with custom mechanics, new characters, etc).
    If it `d be so easy to implement such stuff- RGE would`ve already backported everything up to Ailis and there`d be no sense in Andromida.

Plus...Sad, but andromida is here just for a very unlucky timing. I`m still hyping their vision, but with IMC revealing it`s possibly last major progress stone for GE (being Grand Master & GM stances), the hype battle is definitely won by IMC.
    I was thinking in download andromida.. but seems like IMC trying destroy all other servers and build a monopoly.

so.. idk if try a shot and wait a close server or try directly IMC server.

Whistleblower
    Quote Originally Posted by encko View Post
    I was thinking in download andromida.. but seems like IMC trying destroy all other servers and build a monopoly.

so.. idk if try a shot and wait a close server or try directly IMC server.
    I would recommend to test both for a couple of days.
    Thing is...
    Jilberto is not as active as GEEU was on its best. Many ppl simply dropped the game due to the need to start anew...and i understand them.
    But changes from last GEEU days is massive, and mostly it makes the game easier (especially june 26th with GM, which is free stats). Overall getting a desired char with cash is way easier, no mess with random.
    In the same time Andromida hits where JGE used to hit, but this time is properly- it simply offers waaaaaay softer monetization & way more enjoyable gameplay. Tho the game version is the same as GEEU. But you`ll probably feel less interested in a few months, without (or with a very few of) the new content.
    I truly admire Andromida admins, yah. But i chose to play IMC, simply due to the fact that my faction mainly moved there.

In the same time, some changes IMC make is... well, doubtable. There`re no Warp Free \ Boosting Package in feso shop, they`re cash-only (can be bought from MM). xtrap removal led to chinese botters flooding the server (remember- population is even lower then GEEU was!).

So you basically cant judge properly without trying both.